I’m Celebrating Twenty (Plus?) Years of Hanging Out!

Frobby

• Frobby changed the title to I’m Celebrating Twenty (Plus?) Years of Hanging Out!
10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I see that RZNJ, SG and I all have a join dates on September 23, 2003.  I too believe there was a system change and that I was on the OH prior to that.

Thanks Tony for 20 years of enhancing my enjoyment of O's baseball!

I don’t recall the exact year I started posting but SportsGuy was already here.  One of our first “discussions” was who should be the 2B, Jerry Hairston or Brian Roberts.  I think I predate Frobby and most everyone else.   Anyway, I share Frobby’s sentiments.  Great thread.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I don’t recall the exact year I started posting but SportsGuy was already here.  One of our first “discussions” was who should be the 2B, Jerry Hairston or Brian Roberts.  I think I predate Frobby and most everyone else.   Anyway, I share Frobby’s sentiments.  Great thread.

Yes, Hairston vs. Roberts was a big debate in those days.  I was in Hairston’s camp, but he was hurt half the time.  And BRob may have gotten some, er, help somewhere along the way.  They both had good careers, though Roberts clearly had the better one.   

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yes, Hairston vs. Roberts was a big debate in those days.  I was in Hairston’s camp, but he was hurt half the time.  And BRob may have gotten some, er, help somewhere along the way.  They both had good careers, though Roberts clearly had the better one.   

That was one of the biggest debates in Orioles circles at the time, yessir. I was also in the Hairston camp. 

52 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You beat me by six days--and approximately 9,300 posts! But I'm four years older than you and got to watch Stu Miller pitch....

Congrats and gratitude on Frobby's 20th on the OH  🥳

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, LA2 said:

You beat me by six days--and approximately 9,300 posts! But I'm four years older than you and got to watch Stu Miller pitch....

Yeah, those post counts have been reset numerous times through the years.   I hate to think of how many times I’ve actually posted.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I see that RZNJ, SG and I all have a join dates on September 23, 2003.  I too believe there was a system change and that I was on the OH prior to that.

Thanks Tony for 20 years of enhancing my enjoyment of O's baseball!

It could be that you, RZNJ, and Sports Guy are the sMe person.  It all makes  sense now.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I'm 18 years on OH as of tomorrow (and start drawing Social Security on Wednesday). But my posts are far, far behind in number, 5.4k. Overall, I have gone by the philosophy that it's better to be thought of as a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt! Although, honestly, I'm still probably a clown no matter how one looks at it. 🤪

Congrats, Frobby! Have always enjoyed your even-handedness and balance in your opinions and thoughts on here. 

Edited by NashLumber
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I don't remember the timeframe but it was before my 2005 profile date. I remember the BRob-Hairston debates. What I really remember was SG asking what Flanny was thinking when he signed a reliever, Buddy Groom I believe, and I answered "he thought he had a .500 ballclub and this would push them to contention. SG gave me a green pip (remember those). I found out about this site on either Sunspot or Birds of Prey. Someone there was a big Frank Robison fan (FR500 maybe) an I had a detailed article of Frank's career I had trapped somewhere as I moved around for work. I copied it and emailed it to him and he told me about this place. The rest is history. My post count does not reflect the number of times I check in each and every day, thank you Tony for providing this service.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Hairston could just never stay healthy.