Promotion Schedule Released

SteveA

40 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I might be in the minority, but I'm pretty excited to see some City Connect themed giveaways. That Hawaiian shirt is 🔥.

If you say so! I'm not feeling it. I don't hate the floppy hat, but those Hawaiian shirts would be headed straight to ebay.

I'm happy with some bobbleheads.....Hyde, Santander, Rutschman, Gunnar. I wish they mixed in at least one older player each year, but I can't complain with this years lineup. My girls will want the wristlets.

I'm just over an hour away, so the promotions have always been fun for my daughters and I. Makes it easier to pick games. My favorite is probably a Jim Palmer jersey (was given out I believe in July, several years ago) that I was able to get him to autograph at Fanfest. I have dozens (and dozens) of bobbleheads.

Edited by CP0861
  • Upvote 1

I'm stoked for the Pride jersey. Happy to see they are going to all fans as opposed toas part of a specialty package, as pride merch has in the past.

Beach towels are always useful.

Bobbleheads look solid.

Nice to see the return of hot dog race shirts.

Another year without umbrellas, those are always the most useful giveaways.

The caps are the only giveaways I never care for. I just don't like adjustable caps.

34 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I'm stoked for the Pride jersey. Happy to see they are going to all fans as opposed toas part of a specialty package, as pride merch has in the past.

Not sure if it was intentional that the O's chose a game against the Rangers for the Pride promotion, but I read last year that Texas was the only MLB team that did not have a LGBT Pride celebration.  Well played, Marketing  Team!

Edited by ChipTait

30 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Beach towels are always useful.

Bobbleheads look solid.

Nice to see the return of hot dog race shirts.

Another year without umbrellas, those are always the most useful giveaways.

The caps are the only giveaways I never care for. I just don't like adjustable caps.

While the hot dog race is a fun little diversion between innings at the game, I have no desire for a hot dog race T-shirt.

But if I had to get one... I'd want relish.

And honestly, a Mr. Splash bobblehead just seems silly to me.   20 years from now, when I look at my bobblehead collection, I'll probably barely remember who/what Mr Splash was.   Now sometimes a player fades to obscurity but even then seeing his bobblehead brings back memories.

I guess promotions based on the actual guys on the team or history of the team are more appealing to me than giveaways based on transitory manufactured promotions like hot dog races and fire hose spraying goofballs!

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

While the hot dog race is a fun little diversion between innings at the game, I have no desire for a hot dog race T-shirt.

But if I had to get one... I'd want relish.

And honestly, a Mr. Splash bobblehead just seems silly to me.   20 years from now, when I look at my bobblehead collection, I'll probably barely remember who/what Mr Splash was.   Now sometimes a player fades to obscurity but even then seeing his bobblehead brings back memories.

I guess promotions based on the actual guys on the team or history of the team are more appealing to me than giveaways based on transitory manufactured promotions like hot dog races and fire hose spraying goofballs!

Mostly I am surprised about the staying power of the hot dog race shirts.

The O's have been pretty good at not making bobbleheads for their truly mediocre players.

Probably the worst players to have bobbleheads have been Steve Pearce, Brian Matusz, Jerry Hairston and Nolan Reimold (although that was a set with Adam Jones and Nick Markakis).

6 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

The O's have been pretty good at not making bobbleheads for their truly mediocre players.

Probably the worst players to have bobbleheads have been Steve Pearce, Brian Matusz, Jerry Hairston and Nolan Reimold (although that was a set with Adam Jones and Nick Markakis).

There was that whole issue with the Roberts bobblehead.

7 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Got those and the Jeff Conine and Jay Gibbons bobblehead. They were the best during the early dark years.

1 hour ago, Justinlstn said:

I guess that means Santander is staying put for now. 

So that's how that works

Chris Getz: I will trade you Cease for Cowser, Ortiz and Santander

Mike Elias: I'm sorry, I can't include Santander in any deal, we're giving out his bobblehead this year.

Edited by Orioles5258
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Ive got a Sidney Poison bobblehead on my office shelf. Those were lean times!