Will Bradish pitch for the Orioles this season?

Frobby

Will Bradish pitch for the Orioles this season?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bradish pitch for the Orioles this season?

• No
    • Yes, but not until after the All-Star break
    • Yes, but not until after June 1
    • Yes, and he will return before June 1

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/19/24 at 03:37

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

In a world of hot takes, reflexive bitterness, and completely uninformed opinions, you've presented us with not only some optimism, but also a relevant and serious medical study directly related to the topic at hand.

Bravo.

Thanks, Drungo. That's high praise coming from you. Appreciate the kindness.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Looks like the optimists will win this one!  Only 18% said he’d return before June 1.  

Yeah, I voted after the all-star break, which in fairness, was still optimistic!

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Looks like the optimists will win this one!  Only 18% said he’d return before June 1.  

Management and doctors know a hell of a lot better than me...but I think this is a bit premature. He had ONE decent rehab outing. Are the Orioles hitting a panic button?

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Management and doctors know a hell of a lot better than me...but I think this is a bit premature. He had ONE decent rehab outing. Are the Orioles hitting a panic button?

No, he had two VERY GOOD outings out of three.  

4/16: 3 IP 1 H 0 R 0 BB 4 K’s

4/21: 3.1 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 4 K’s

4/26; 5.0 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K’s

And tell me, why would a 16-9 team be pushing the panic button?

21 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

The panic button should be reserved for the bullpen if they keep up the pace in the past 10 days or so.

28 minutes ago, Malike said:

The panic button should be reserved for the bullpen if they keep up the pace in the past 10 days or so.

Putting Bradish in the rotation can hypothetically help the bullpen by placing Suarez or Irvin in the pen.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Otter said:

Putting Bradish in the rotation can hypothetically help the bullpen by placing Suarez or Irvin in the pen.

If Irvin were an acquisition made today to help bolster the bullpen, I don't think anyone would think that would be an impact move or be happy with that. Suarez, who knows? He's thrown 11 innings, let the league start looking at the data and see if they adjust.

2 minutes ago, Otter said:

This, for me, is why the wait for Bradish or Means has been excruciating.

It was the only thing I could use to explain the lack of action beyond picking up Ramírez, when the bullpen is in such obvious need of help, and the only thing I could look to for hope.

If he is back to form when he returns, it will possibly have significant ripple effects.