2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

A high leverage night for watching the gaggle and pondering Roch the journalist vs. Roch the media relations human shield between Hyde and the newspaper types.

Against LHP if Coby Mayo were here as a platoon DH it'd be easier to give Adley a full day off..

That said, it is summer swelter and nearing the end of the year's longest grind.    I don't know that this isn't Adley's equivalent to Grayson's inflammation, and with good fortune he will have 100% of a bigger number of October games, and probably closer to 90% of a bunch of key September ones.

For some reason the local media only ask softballs. I remember last year there was a question about Felix’s injury before the surgery was announced and Hyde basically snapped at the reporter. 

why is McCann with his below replacement level WAR starting 40% of the games is a valid question that should be asked. As is why do you ignore the history (especially in the minors) of lefty hitters against LHP?

6 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Dogs, we only scored four runs in the last 3 games total. We just stop hitting. I think we can get on track tonight. Allen is their pitcher tonight. Bad news his Recore is 8-3. Good news his ERA 5.23.

Lol, I thought this was a stat of which I was unaware. "His" record is what is still recorded as a win, but his ERA (if that's what you choose) shows the bigger picture. I don't know if they're breaking out tonight, but I like their chances.

His caught stealing % is below average and his blocking and framing are both bottom 10th percentile in the league. I’m not expecting Hyde to bash anyone but what are we doing here? He seems like a great dude, but his defensive numbers are brutal, and he’s 333rd in wRC+ out of 343 players with more than 110 PA’s. There is zero reason he should be playing over Urias, Kjerstad, or O’Hearn tonight unless something is wrong with Adley.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

His caught stealing % is below average and his blocking and framing are both bottom 10th percentile in the league. I’m not expecting Hyde to bash anyone but what are we doing here? He seems like a great dude, but his defensive numbers are brutal, and he’s 333rd in wRC+ out of 343 players with more than 110 PA’s. There is zero reason he should be playing over Urias, Kjerstad, or O’Hearn tonight unless something is wrong with Adley.

He must remind Hyde of himself as a player

6 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

This is a guy that when they signed him, they said he may DH and play first some.

Their belief in McCann is probably the stupidest thing of the tenure of this group of decision makers.  It’s completely misguided.

7 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

And if something is wrong with Adley, give him an actual day off and let Kjerstad get those at bats.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

And if something is wrong with Adley, give him an actual day off and let Kjerstad get those at bats.

Is there something wrong with Adley? I've seen a lot of speculation, but nothing substantive. If so, you're right. Stowers, I mean Kjerstad, needs regular ABs.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Is there something wrong with Adley? I've seen a lot of speculation, but nothing substantive. If so, you're right. Stowers, I mean Kjerstad, needs regular ABs.

I doubt it. That quote from Hyde seems to be his justification for playing McCann.

I said it a while ago and people said it was wrobg but it’s clear and obvious that they feel McCann is an asset vs lefties. They are looking at where he was 4+ years ago.  For a team that does so much with analytics, I have no idea why this is such a blind spot for them.