2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I did..zippy chance that’s a triple. The ball didn’t bounce off the wall far enough for him to get to third.

Whether that’s the case or not, he certainly didn’t put any pressure on the defense and it doesn’t change the fact that he did just stand in home plate and watch his hit. If That’s perfectly fine with you. I don’t got nothing else to say.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spakman said:

Whether that’s the case or not, he certainly didn’t put any pressure on the defense and it doesn’t change the fact that he did just stand in home plate and watch his hit. If That’s perfectly fine with you. I don’t got nothing else to say.

He shouldn’t admire but it had no impact on that play. 

Just now, webbrick2010 said:

Looks like we are willing to die with Adley in the #5 hole, I would have him at #8

I see him striking out with the with the bases loaded down by one  run for the last out of the season

IMG_9631.thumb.jpeg.6f5f5ba8cdd51f37977ca16b5f88d88e.jpeg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Looks like we are willing to die with Adley in the #5 hole, I would have him at #8

I see him striking out with the with the bases loaded down by one  run for the last out of the season

Down by one run? Great another 1-0 game

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I did..zippy chance that’s a triple. The ball didn’t bounce off the wall far enough for him to get to third.

That’s not the point though my friend. Cedric is a .230 hitter and he’s admiring a lazy hit 325 foot pop up in a playoff game. It’s a joke and a reason why this team will be cleaning out their lockers tomorrow.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

Over Westburg would definitely be terrible, but I've seen no one mention that.

Over Urias is much more defensible because his hot streak really didn't continue after his injury.  And Holliday can and probably would be replaced easily by Urias or Rivera for D if (IF IF IF) we get a lead.

Not sure I’m following why it would be terrible to play him over Westburg, but the right choice to play him over Urias. 

Urias has a 135 wRC+ in the second half, which is second best on the team (behind Mullins). And he’s been hitting even longer than that — he has a 134 wRC over the last 5 months, which is third best on the team (behind Gunnar and Santander).

Westburg has the better full-season numbers, but the difference in his favor is entirely based on his hot April (coupled with Ramon’s cold April). Since that May 2 date (5 months ago), he’s not just been a better hitter than Westburg, he’s been significantly better (134 wRC+ compared to 118). And he’s also been better since they got back from injury — with an OPS approaching .700, while Westburg’s is a little shy of .500.

I’m not saying I would sit Westburg before Urias. I’m just saying that benching either of them for Holliday is not really warranted by the track record, and that treating Urias as if he’s on a substantially lower tier than Westburg isn’t really either.

2 hours ago, spleen1015 said:

Hyde likes to alternate handedness in the lineup.

Regardless, it’s a weird choice to sequence your non-Gunnar lefties (1) Cowser, (2) O’Hearn and (3) Mullins.  

Should be (1) O’Hearn, (2) Mullins, and (3) Cowser based on the matchup and recent performance.

I realize that Cowser homered off Lugo in April, but he is going to whiff at least half the time against Lugo’s change up and curveball.