Corbin Burnes 2024

Spy Fox

11 hours ago, Malike said:

We had a guy go to the Secret Service from our dept. for about double his salary. He was back in 8 months. We've had dozens and dozens of laterals to the NYSP and other agencies who all paid significantly more and have come back. The grass, as they say, isn't always greener.

Hi Malike. Are you a NY State Police officer?  I had a SC State trooper as a friend and neighbor. He got sent to Iraq and got killed in action, so unfortunate for him and me.

4 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

Hi Malike. Are you a NY State Police officer?  I had a SC State trooper as a friend and neighbor. He got sent to Iraq and got killed in action, so unfortunate for him and me.

I'm not, I'm municipal not NYSP. Sorry to hear about your friend.

I'll predict 7-10 strikeouts for the first time this season tonight as he has been boom or bust his first 10 turns as an Oriole.

The rubber will meet the road on the 6-man rotation concept before next Thursday's offday as if Burnes goes against the Red Sox Wednesday, it would be his 3rd start in a 9-day period.

If they rest him more, he's a Friday night pitcher for a minute and gets to lead off the 2024 competition with Tampa.

To the extent Corbin Burnes is the 2024 backfill for Kyle Gibson and Felix Bautista all at once, tonight wouldn't be a bad night for a near complete game.

CHW is last by A LOT in position player fWAR.

On paper this ought to be about as low stress as a MLB game can get, but you can't predict baseball.

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He should be throwing a CG against these guys.

Haha.  You made me look it up - no complete games against the White Sox yet this year.  There’s only been 9 in MLB all season, two of which were in 5-inning games.  Max Fried has two; among teams other than his, only the Phillies have matched him.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’d like for tonight to be the night Burnes gives us 7 IP.

Has he not gone 7 yet? Jeez. 

Honestly the kind of game where if he's at 95 pitches after the 6th and we have a slim lead, I'm sending him out for the 7th. 100-pitch threshold be damned.  

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

Honestly the kind of game where if he's at 95 pitches after the 6th and we have a slim lead, I'm sending him out for the 7th. 100-pitch threshold be damned.  

He went 7 against Boston. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

The weather forecast doesn't look good for tonight. If it doesn't improve hopefully they just postpone the game before beginning, we don't need another rain shortened start

The forecast is for "thunderstorms" so maybe whatever cell that moves through will leave soon enough to allow the game to be played. I'm getting really tired of these weather delays.

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/il/chicago

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

He threw a 7 inning 2-hitter against Boston.  

Posted (edited)

We all hear Burnes doesn't throw enough innings, if he goes 7 tonight he'll have matched Glasnow at 67 IP and good for 2nd in IP overall through 11 starts behind Wheeler who is at 67.2.

Edited by Malike

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

We all hear Burnes doesn't throw enough innings, if he goes 7 tonight he'll have matched Glasnow at 67 IP and good for 2nd in IP overall through 11 starts behind Wheeler who is at 67.2.

Nah, we just hear it from one source who likes to be contrarian.  

• Upvote 1