2024 Prospect Power Rankings

Tony-OH

On 5/2/2024 at 9:16 AM, RZNJ said:

Thanks, as always for the list.  Minor quibbles.   Carter Baumler?   Is it all about the bonus?   When I saw video from the AFL it was 91-93 with a decent curve and change.  I’d take Chace, Nunez, Young, and Forret  all over him on talent and  they all, including Young, have a better chance of not breaking down.

Prediction.  Etzel will be close to top 10 by August.

Finally saw Baumler and the fastball was in the 91-92 range and gets hit. Curve is his best pitch, but the velocity will need to tick back up. If I didn't know who he was, I would have NP'd him.

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2024 at 10:33 AM, Rbiggs2525 said:

Any report on Yaqui Rivera stuff? Seems to be a decent PTBNL.

The velocity has improved, up to 95 now. They still only want to use him in short stints. Sweeper/slider is his goto pitch. His change can be ok at times against lefties.

9 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Deivy Cruz keeps showing well in the box scores. I don’t know why they gave up in a young arm starting at such a young age.

What are you trying to say?

Updated as May 6th..

Big drop for Baumler due to velocity drop and lack of pitches thrown per start. A few new names break into top 30 and with the FCL playing one game, Almeyda and Wager (rehab) pop onto the list now that they've played.

Liranzo should show up next week.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Tier 1 - Holliday, Mayo, Basallo

Tier 2 - Kjerstad, Beavers

Tier 3 - Povich, Norby, DeLeon, McDermott, EBJ

I have Povich and DeLeon are Tier 2.  DeLeon has a shot at Tier 1.

8 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Yeah, I just think it’s interesting to have a guy with good results relegated to reliever at 20 years old. 

I have a feeling it’s not permanent but we’ll see.   He didn’t have good command last year as a starter but they promoted him anyway.    Maybe the bullpen for now just to ease him into this level.

6 hours ago, Gurgi said:

Obviously the Orioles drop from the number one farm system this year.  How far back do we drop?  I am guessing 6-10th.  

15-18 maybe. Cowser krejstad Ortiz will all be off. Bradford looking weak. Rightly or wrongly hollidays poor showing will take him from #1 to something lower. Lower draft pick this year. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, baltimoriole said:

15-18 maybe. Cowser krejstad Ortiz will all be off. Bradford looking weak. Rightly or wrongly hollidays poor showing will take him from #1 to something lower. Lower draft pick this year. 

Bradfield.