Kyle Stowers 2024

Jagwar

1 hour ago, interloper said:

"Ugh, I'm gonna have to pack this suitcase again in 48 hours when they recall Hays..."

He doesn't have to worry about that. McKenna was just DFA'd.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

That's funny, but I bet he's happy to cash that MLB check for a few days if that's all he's here for.

Yeah...I'm sure.   I'm sure the post game spread is a little nicer as well.   I would really like to see him get some ABs while he's here.

• 2 weeks later...

Stowers showed us a little something yesterday.

- First AB, a screaming line drive double 109.7 off the bat.

- Second AB, he hustles out of the box on a routine grounder that ticks off the second baseman’s glove, notices that the outfielder isn’t running particularly hard to retrieve it, and unhesitatingly takes off to 2B and is safe.  That becomes important, as Stowers later scores on a Mateo double that probably doesn’t score Stowers from 1B.   And that’s why the game stands tied instead of the O’s being down a run.  

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Frobby said:

- Second AB, he hustles out of the box on a routine grounder that ticks off the second baseman’s glove, notices that the outfielder isn’t running particularly hard to retrieve it, and unhesitatingly takes off to 2B and is safe.  That becomes important, as Stowers later scores on a Mateo double that probably doesn’t score Stowers from 1B.   And that’s why the game stands tied instead of the O’s being down a run.  

It was brilliant, aggressive baserunning.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

All you want from Stowers as part of this team is to make some kind of positive impact when he plays. Play solid defense, hustle, try to be a productive out, be a good baserunner, etc.

Nice day for him yesterday - he looked hungry out there, and dare I say comfortable. When guys are comfortable they start to hit. We'll see. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I was happy to see Stowers get that pinch hitting opportunity in the 9th, and he absolutely skewered that ball, 101.4 off the bat and .610 xBA.  Unfortunately, Lars Nootbar had other ideas.  But Stowers looked good in this series.  

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was happy to see Stowers get that pinch hitting opportunity in the 9th, and he absolutely skewered that ball, 101.4 off the bat and .610 xBA.  Unfortunately, Lars Nootbar had other ideas.  But Cowser looked good in this series.  

He can definitely do damage when he makes contact. The question is how much he is gonna chase and whiff, because in a very SSS so far in his career, those numbers have been really, really poor. Hopefully he gets some more AB’s to show what he’s capable of.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

He did nothing this series but show he should starting at least 3+ times a week until he proves otherwise.

I do agree it is time for an extended look at an outfield of Cowser, Stowers, and Santander.   It is also not a bad defensive outfield either.  I, and I know I am in the minority, haven’t given up on Mullins yet.  I do think I would make the bold move to option Mullins to Norfolk because he needs to play everyday if he is going to get out of this funk.  That is how I would sell it to him as well.  Cedric you are going down to play everyday because I can’t justify playing you everyday in the major leagues.  You hit down there and you will have a place back here on the big club.  

Edited by accinfo
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I do agree it is time for an extended look at an outfield of Cowser, Stowers, and Santander.   It is also not a bad defensive outfield either.  I, and I know I am in the minority, haven’t given up on Mullins yet.  I do think I would make the bold move to option Mullins to Norfolk because he needs to play everyday if he is going to get out of this funk.  That is how I would sell it to him as well.  Cedric you are going down to play everyday because I can’t justify playing you everyday in the major leagues.  You hit down there and you will have a place back here on the big club.  

Not giving up on Mullins either but he should struggle to find playing time for the time being. See what these kids can do.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Not giving up on Mullins either but he should struggle to find playing time for the time being. See what these kids can do.

I agree.  That is why he would be best served being optioned since he can be optioned.  Go down and work on getting himself straight.