Dean Kremer 2024

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

It was a bad throw, it was equally as bad a play on Mateo's end for not catching it, he had no chance to turn two but he could have easily caught that ball if he didn't think he had to turn two.

I wouldn’t say equally bad - the throw was worse.  But yes Mateo could’ve snagged it.  

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

It was a bad throw, it was equally as bad a play on Mateo's end for not catching it, he had no chance to turn two but he could have easily caught that ball if he didn't think he had to turn two.

They tell me I don’t know when to end an argument.  I strongly disagree.  You’re welcome to your opinion.  My original post in response to Roy says everything I  wanted to say.  

Kremer got 48 swings and 8 whiffs yesterday.

13 of those swings came on his splitter as well as 6 whiffs.

I knew Kremer had an inconsistent changeup.  Has a replaced the change up with a splitter?   This could be a game changing development.

12 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They tell me I don’t know when to end an argument.  I strongly disagree.  You’re welcome to your opinion.  My original post in response to Roy says everything I  wanted to say.  

I'm not sure how this is an argument you literally said the same exact thing when you said "Mateo is pretty athletic too.   If he was there just to get the force you might have a point". You concede the catch could have been made but he tried to press because of the double play. He should have taken the force out. 

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm not sure how this is an argument you literally said the same exact thing when you said "Mateo is pretty athletic too.   If he was there just to get the force you might have a point". You concede the catch could have been made but he tried to press because of the double play. He should have taken the force out. 

I’ll say it again.  If it was a force, you act like 1B and are more ready for an off target throw.  If you are anticipating a DP you are planting your right leg in anticipation of pivoting and making the throw to 1B.  It’s much more difficult to adjust and catch a ball 2-3 feet to your right.  The pitcher is expected to execute.  He didn’t.  Kremer, rightfully, got the error and put his palm to his chest saying “my bad” because it was his bad.    Would have been a great save if Mateo could have got a glove on it.  He didn’t.   I put very little, if any, blame on Mateo.  I know Ben McDonald disagreed but I’m guessing Ben didn’t play much 2B.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s ridiculous.  

Are you saying that it’s ridiculous that Kramer would be a good number five on a contending team? 
If so, I don’t think that’s particularly ridiculous, although it might be a bit harsh, I would expect him more as a number 3-4 but the difference would be slight.

I would rather have him than Irwin or Wells, and Flaherty got blasted yesterday, so maybe I’d rather have Dean over him as well.

But I think “ridiculous“ might be a bit much?

Edited by Philip
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Philip said:

Are you saying that it’s ridiculous that Kramer would be a good number five on a contending team? 
If so, I don’t think that’s particularly ridiculous, although it might be a bit harsh, I would expect him more as a number 3-4 but the difference would be slight.

I would rather have him than Irwin or Wells, and Flaherty got blasted yesterday, so maybe I’d rather have Dean over him as well.

But I think “ridiculous“ might be a bit much?

I think Frobby is saying it’s ridiculous to only call him a #5.

Call him whatever number you want but I’m still not excited about him making a playoff start.

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Call him whatever number you want but I’m still not excited about him making a playoff start.

I thought he was saying it was ridiculous that the defense helped him a lot because I don’t see how calling Kremer a 5 is ridiculous.

41 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well……in Mike we trust? 

And yes, that was my take as well, and calling Kremer a #5 is a bit harsh, but arguable. At the moment, I’d sure rather have him at #3 than the other pitchers on the 26.

Just now, Philip said:

Well……in Mike we trust? 

And yes, that was my take as well, and calling Kremer a #5 is a bit harsh, but arguable. At the moment, I’d sure rather have him at #3 than the other pitchers on the 26.

If Kremer is your #5 then you’re in a really good spot.

1. Burnes
  2. Grayson
  3. Bradish
  4. Means
  5. Kremer

Unfortunately he’s our #3 right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I’ll say it again.  If it was a force, you act like 1B and are more ready for an off target throw.  If you are anticipating a DP you are planting your right leg in anticipation of pivoting and making the throw to 1B.  It’s much more difficult to adjust and catch a ball 2-3 feet to your right.  The pitcher is expected to execute.  He didn’t.  Kremer, rightfully, got the error and put his palm to his chest saying “my bad” because it was his bad.    Would have been a great save if Mateo could have got a glove on it.  He didn’t.   I put very little, if any, blame on Mateo.  I know Ben McDonald disagreed but I’m guessing Ben didn’t play much 2B.

The pitcher should confirm with the SS and 2B who is going to cover second base on a ball hit to the pitcher in this situation.   Maybe this wasn't done and Kremer was expecting the SS to cover?

Also,  when the SS or 2B takes a throw at second to turn a DP, they should try and put the bag between themselves and the person throwing them the ball so they all line up - this way the one throwing the ball isn't throwing to a moving target and not the base,  like he should be. 

I'm not sure what communication happened before the pitch,  or if it was just an errant throw on Kremer.  At any rate,  the fielder has to expect a bad throw and be prepared to go get it so you at least get one out.