Dean Kremer 2024

2 hours ago, Say O! said:

I found it strange that the splitter was barely used vs MIL (<10% usage) when it was Kremer’s best pitch vs PIT (25% usage, 46% WHIFF rate).  Curious to see Kremer’s pitch mix tonight vs KCR. 

How was the weather?  My recollection was that he didn’t have a feel for it that game and had trouble locating either for a strike or close enough to get a chase.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My big problem with Kremer is that sometimes he falls in love with the cutter too much.  It’s a good pitch but he can’t throw it six times in a row like he does sometimes.  I’m hoping he’ll learn some stuff watching Burnes, who obviously throws a lot of cutters but mixes his pitches very well.  

Completely agree.

Not sure what the analytics would say, but to me (from TV vantage point), Kremer’s best stuff comes by two pairings: (A) 4 seam 95mph at top of zone and curveball, and (B) splitter and 2 seamer at bottom of the zone.  Both probably tunnel in the same way to the batters.  And his cutter should be reserved only for jamming lefties on their hands, bc he hangs far too many meatballs against righties. 

50 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Great points here. Has it ever occurred to Dean Kremer that he should just start pitching like a TOR guy?

There are certainly some things he can do that would help him become a firm #3 instead of a #4-5.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, he could move to the planet Earth where starters who qualify for the ERA title and throw to a 100 ERA+ are no. 3 starters, as opposed to the fantasyland where they’re not.  

Lol alright well dang. Dunked on by Frobby. I'll hang the poster on my wall. 😂

I will only say I think Dean has to put up another season like he did last year to fully qualify as a #3 for me personally. But I hear you, I am probably underrating him a bit right now.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Lol alright well dang. Dunked on by Frobby. I'll hang the poster on my wall. 😂

I will only say I think Dean has to put up another season like he did last year to fully qualify as a #3 for me personally. But I hear you, I am probably underrating him a bit right now.

He had a 3.23 ERA in 2022. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, baws22489 said:

Left the game with 1 run in and 2 on ,2 outs in the 6th and Akin gave up both runs. Bad luck tonight in my opinion but I'm sure there are many on here will say he sucks and should be replaced. 

Also, the 3-2 pitch to Witt that was called ball four for the first walk had been called a strike all night.  In fact, far worse pitches had been called strikes, especially for the Royals’ pitchers.   And were called strikes afterwards.   

Kremer pitched well. Not super dominant or anything but well enough to win the game. If Akin gets the third out, he leaves with 5.2 IP and 1 ER and nobody would complain. He was in the zone all night and did well to get a huge out on Perez after the blown call on the Witt walk.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Kremer pitched well. Not super dominant or anything but well enough to win the game. If Akin gets the third out, he leaves with 5.2 IP and 1 ER and nobody would complain. He was in the zone all night and did well to get a huge out on Perez after the blown call on the Witt walk.

Agree. Kremer deserved better. Oh well, that’s baseball.