Heston Kjerstad 2024

Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Maybe, but maybe because it’s the first 6 games, we  never had a group of hitters putting up video numbers at any point.   That was a great lineup too but the current numbers JUMP at you.

Interestingly their 21 R 23H record braking night last year was…..against Charlotte. lol 

But my point is/was - this isn’t anything out of the blue or norm.  They’ve raked for years with the talent hoarded in AAA. 

Edited by emmett16

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Last April, Norfolk had 40 home runs in 25 games.  Impressive.

This year, in 6 games they have 24.  Unreal!

In case @emmett16 missed this.  Yeah, they had a great lineup and raked and this lineup will surely cool down BUT…….

• Like 1

Amazing that Kjerstad had no homers and 3 RBI this spring.  If he’d hit half as well in ST as he has in the first week at AAA, he might have forced his way onto the roster (although Stowers didn’t make it despite an excellent spring).   

Anyway, I just hope he continues to rake.  

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Amazing that Kjerstad had no homers and 3 RBI this spring.  If he’d hit half as well in ST as he has in the first week at AAA, he might have forced his way onto the roster (although Stowers didn’t make it despite an excellent spring).   

Anyway, I just hope he continues to rake.  

I think, based off of last year, plan A was to have Kjerstad instead of Cowser or anyone else but Kjerstad, essentially lost the job.  He lost weight and they started playing him in LF in ST.    Now, Cowser has his job and it might be tough to get back.

27 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

W/R/t to the ball itself.  Norfolk has 24 homers.

The next closest teams have 9.  Of the 20 teams, 14 of them have 5 or less homers.

So, this seems to be a Tides hitters are really good thing.

I also think Charlotte’s pitchers are not good and the wind patters and field dimensions in Charlotte are very favorable.  Of course, they hit very well in Norfolk against Durham the first three games, too.  But they had “only” 6 homers in 3 games in the Durham series, 18 in 3 games in this series so far.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I also think Charlotte’s pitchers are not good and the wind patters and field dimensions in Charlotte are very favorable.  Of course, they hit very well in Norfolk against Durham the first three games, too.  But they had “only” 6 homers in 3 games in the Durham series, 18 in 3 games in this series so far.  

Sure..but I think as hard and as far as they are hitting it, the stadium has nothing to do with it. 

• Upvote 1

This is almost as exciting as watching the Orioles guessing how many Runs Norfolk can put up each game. Eventually some guys will be promoted and end the juggernaut, at least at the historic pace it seems to be on now, but for now this is something that doesn't happen very often. I'm enjoying the moment. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Malike said:

Bats are very exciting, the pitching is atrocious. Scoring 12 runs a game and giving up 9. It's going to be hard to rely on that all season for them.

The pitching staff looks decent on paper.  The bats will cool down and the pitching should be much better.

52 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Sure..but I think as hard and as far as they are hitting it, the stadium has nothing to do with it. 

Yeah no stadium in the world was holding Mayo’s late bomb last night, as just one example. 

I think it’s funny that we see exactly what we want to see from players, and so many people are so quick to qualify it. The Os win and it’s ’yeah but they had to walk it off, and this is the soft part of the schedule’. AAA hitters go bonkers and it’s ’yeah but is the ball juiced? But Charlotte sucks right?’

We can’t just enjoy how amazing a run this is without someone crapping on it. 

(and this is not a barb at Frobby, who you quoted:  more a general observation)

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The pitching staff looks decent on paper.  The bats will cool down and the pitching should be much better.

As I said, I think the weather and ballpark at Charlotte have a lot to do with what’s gone on the last three days, and that goes for our pitchers as well.  The staff should be decent - we’ll see.  The Tides had the 4th lowest ERA in the Inrernational League last year.  

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Yeah no stadium in the world was holding Mayo’s late bomb last night, as just one example. 

I think it’s funny that we see exactly what we want to see from players, and so many people are so quick to qualify it. The Os win and it’s ’yeah but they had to walk it off, and this is the soft part of the schedule’. AAA hitters go bonkers and it’s ’yeah but is the ball juiced? But Charlotte sucks right?’

We can’t just enjoy how amazing a run this is without someone crapping on it. 

(and this is not a barb at Frobby, who you quoted:  more a general observation)

I’m enjoying it plenty!  😉