Ramon Urias 2024

DirtyBird

15 hours ago, forphase1 said:

While still playing Frazier in 141 games.  As you stated, his defense cratered, yet he STILL got into 141 games.  Sure sounds like defense is their #1 priority, no?  🙂  

Alarming for a team that’s supposedly using analytics to make decisions.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Nice try.  He started 106 games at 2B.  I would guess the frequency of his starts decreased as the year went on.  They started the season committed to Frazier who, since 2018 had both strong DRS and OAA numbers.  He didn’t come as advertised.   They greatly reduced his time at 2B in the 2nd half.

They shouldn't have greatly reduced his time, they should have released him. They still played him

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

They shouldn't have greatly reduced his time, they should have released him. They still played him

Yes, a lot of terrible decisions on the way to 101 wins.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Orioles0615 said:

Oh yea Adam Fraizer was definitely how they got 101 wins.  

Maybe not.  But we can all make plenty of bad decisions in life (and managing a team) and still overcome!  Or we can look at the molehill and whine about it.  

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He looks like he’s lost two steps on the basepaths. 

He looked like he had a trailer attached yesterday. I didn’t think that play at home would be close at all. 

Also, learned something new.  OPS+ can go into the negative.  Urias is at -48.  Yikes.  Hope he gets hot soon (likely won’t be in Pitt brrr). 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

He looked like he had a trailer attached yesterday. I didn’t think that play at home would be close at all. 

Also, learned something new.  OPS+ can go into the negative.  Urias is at -48.  Yikes.  Hope he gets hot soon (likely won’t be in Pitt brrr). 

Most of us learned that one when Davis was on the team.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I mean he did come up with some really clutch hits last year. 

He produced arguably the best moment of the year: the two-out, two-strike double down the line that scored Mateo with the game-tying run in the 9th inning of the season finale with Tampa on Sept.  17.   

But honestly, can we just move on?   Nobody’s changing their mind about Frazier, and it’s 2024.   Enough of that topic already.   

• Upvote 2