Sacramento A's

Can_of_corn

I don’t know how you announce a move to a city and have no temporary place to play while you build the ballpark. This would be like the Ravens moving to Baltimore from Cleveland, and instead of arranging to play at Memorial Stadium, they play at on a field at Shippensburg U or something.

What a sham and what a shame. As bad as it got with ownership here, it never got to this at least. 

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

I don’t know how you announce a move to a city and have no temporary place to play while you build the ballpark. This would be like the Ravens moving to Baltimore from Cleveland, and instead of arranging to play at Memorial Stadium, they play at on a field at Shippensburg U or something.

What a sham and what a shame. As bad as it got with ownership here, it never got to this at least. 

And then there’s sending down the two players that wore wristbands supporting the protest of the move to Las Vegas even though they were the only two players on the team worth watching. 

Uber rich people are so effing fragile it’s unreal. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2024/4/18/24132083/oakland-athletics-relocation-sacramento-fan-resistance-boycott

Hope I got that link in there right.  Thought I'd share this story about the A's fan protests.  Futile though they may (definitely) be, its quite admirable.  I find this whole story so heartbreaking for those fans.  Not that hard to imagine something like that in Baltimore; we are fortunate it hasn't and appears that it won't in the foreseeable future.  Seems highly doubtful that Rubenstein turns into a Fisher type - and honestly Camden Yards seems to be the ultimate defense against any kind of relocation - but you just never know.

Anyway, even w/o tying this into any Orioles relocation angst - past, present, or future -  this is just a sad sad story.