Sacramento A's

Can_of_corn

Just now, btdart20 said:

That's pretty bad.  Many local colleges have better set ups...  Even the mini-"OPACY" at the Ripken Experience in Aberdeen may be better!

Would seem to be the type of thing the MLBPA should take interest in.

Maybe force the A's to spend on some upgrades?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Would seem to be the type of thing the MLBPA should take interest in.

Maybe force the A's to spend on some upgrades?

I honestly don’t know how all that works.  But one would think...  not just the MLBPA, but other teams' coaches and GMs, and ultimately owners.  

Or does that upset the federally sanctioned monopoly?  Too many backroom deals to mess with a Judas?  I just don’t know.

I've been to several games at this park in Sacramento.  It's a nice minor league ball park,  but not something I could see a a home for a major league club.  I know the A's toured the park in Salt Lake City, as well.   That,  too, is a great minor league park with some terrific views.  They are building a new park in SLC, as well.   They think they can get an expansion club there. 

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

I assume MLB has to approve this.  Have they done so?

They tacitly did when they approved the move. Where the Athletics would play as they waited for their pleasure garden to be built was the elephant in the room (pun intended). The owners washed their hands of the mess.