No one asked me, but he's some of my ideas for strengthening the bullpen and another idea or two.

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I was batboy for several seasons in that stadium...and I dont mind people mocking me...its fun...ive been mocked plenty in my career...

You are a good guy.  I remember watching you with my dad...I think on ESPN doing interviews, and I remember always thinking even back then what a gentleman you were. 

6 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Come on leave Roy alone. He does get sideways but never off the rails. Hes definitely an Orioles  fan for Sure. Not that this means anything, but he is the only poster here other than myself that I can recall Referencing The Old Miami Stadium.For all the posters that like to  reminiscent, Believe me that  Stadium has relevance in Oriole lore. Roy has been there, So have I, Have You? Do you even know the Stadium?

This post seems a bit out of line. There was nothing wrong with Bemore's post. He was just (correctly) calling out a part of the post that probably wasn't accurate. It's a message board.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Come on leave Roy alone. He does get sideways but never off the rails. Hes definitely an Orioles  fan for Sure. Not that this means anything, but he is the only poster here other than myself that I can recall Referencing The Old Miami Stadium.For all the posters that like to  reminiscent, Believe me that  Stadium has relevance in Oriole lore. Roy has been there, So have I, Have You? Do you even know the Stadium?

What in the world is this????

• Upvote 1

No trades will happen before July.

Ramirez DFA for Means on 4/30

Akin optioned for Bradish on 5/2

Baumann DFA for Perez on 5/5

Tate optioned for Wells on 5/12???

The pitching staff will be

Burnes, GR, Bradish, Kremer, Irvin

Kimbrel, Cano, Suarez, Wells, Webb

Coloumbe, Perez, Means

The fix for the bullpen is the starters need to be going 7 innings. Especially Burnes and Grayson. Everyone should be stretched out to 100-110 pitches. 

Innings 

1-5 SP

6-9 BP

That’s a bad recipe. Having the bullpen pitch 40% of IP. That means that 4 different relievers need to have it each game. That’s tough. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The fix for the bullpen is the starters need to be going 7 innings. Especially Burnes and Grayson. Everyone should be stretched out to 100-110 pitches. 

Innings 

1-5 SP

6-9 BP

That’s a bad recipe. Having the bullpen pitch 40% of IP. That means that 4 different relievers need to have it each game. That’s tough. 

How many pitchers averaged 7 innings a start last year?  I can't think of any.  Only five guys threw 200 innings.

6 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I see that the idea about Suarez being tried out as a closer or high leverage reliever I've been posting about this week is building momentum. This is good. Send a Suarez for Closer missionary to the Orioles front office and let's make even more converts!

Interestingly enough, in his on air MaSN interview the other day, he said he feels he’s a starter.

I get that he feels that and why he feels that way but he better change that mindset quickly because he’s not a starter.

image.gif.596ba7b4660569e830c3ffa370b20945.gif

What if they were able to trade someone like Irvin for a reliever?  Seems to me that a decent lefty starter may be able to pull in something. Maybe throw in a Hays or Urías.(Not for value but to clear some room)

Edited by sevastras

6 minutes ago, sevastras said:

image.gif.596ba7b4660569e830c3ffa370b20945.gif

What if they were able to trade someone like Irvin for a reliever?  Seems to me that a decent lefty starter may be able to pull in something. Maybe throw in a Hays or Urías.(Not for value but to clear some room)

What did the O's give up to get Irvin when he had another year of team control?  Do you think his value is higher now?

Wells , Suarez and Vespi to the pen .   Make Colombe the temporary closer.  Get rid of Baumann and Ramizez.  

Hays replaces McKenna.    I’d keep Perez out of the majors right now…but that’s just me.   

Just now, sevastras said:

Yes I do. He has pitched better than when they got him. 

I don't.  I think the reduction in team control counteracts any slight bump in performance.  I'm not sure a bump is even there, it could just be a hot start.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jagwar said:

His velocity was fine. His location was awful, and I don't think he threw anything but fastballs. 

He was yanking everything to the left.  That’s an indication of something physically wrong. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He was yanking everything to the left.  That’s an indication of something physically wrong. 

Yep.   If his back is tight, he will pull his pitches .  The frustrating thing isn’t that he’s hurt, but that no one noticed after Friday and until now… but maybe CK didn’t tell anyone?

Edited by Keygans

1 hour ago, Keygans said:

Wells , Suarez and Vespi to the pen .   Make Colombe the temporary closer.  Get rid of Baumann and Ramizez.  

Hays replaces McKenna.    I’d keep Perez out of the majors right now…but that’s just me.   

Wells is IR Vespi is in the Minors, Bradish and Means are coming back . Who Goes?