Wednesday afternoon May 15: Orioles vs Blue Jay

SteveA

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

Mariners still lead their division...so theyre far from a bad team...

I understand, I was being a little sarcastic, they have a fantastic rotation and can't hit, so all weekend there will be teeth-gnashing about how terrible the O's are at hitting. We're facing great pitchers 5 days in a row.

20 minutes ago, SteveA said:

When do those determinations get made?   I know it used to be pretty early, and by the time they printed the ASBs and started distributing them at games there were often discrepancies.

Mateo was our Opening Day 2Bman but only because we happened to face a lefty.   The 2Bman who got the most starts the first few weeks of the season was Westburg, and Urias got the most starts at 3rd.

I'm not sure exactly, but I think the ballot usually comes out around now and they just use whoever at that point has started the most games at that position. Mateo has the 2b lead 20-13 over Westburg, and Westburg has the 3b lead 28-17 over Urias. 

2 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I'm not sure exactly, but I think the ballot usually comes out around now and they just use whoever at that point has started the most games at that position. Mateo has the 2b lead 20-13 over Westburg, and Westburg has the 3b lead 28-17 over Urias. 

I was going to say it would suck if Mateo and Urias are on the ballot and Westburg is left off.  I assume some common sense is used.