Sunday Afternoon May 26th: Orioles at White Sox going for the four game sweep. (Start of game to be delayed by rain)

37 minutes ago, Malike said:

Coming off a strained UCL you'd keep him out there? I guess that's why you play GM and aren't one. Nobody is signing off on that. His long-term health shouldn't be gambled with in a game in May that means nothing.

Easy fella…

Never said that. Hyde had no choice but to pull him, but I disagree with your premise that it was because he “isn’t completely healthy”. He’s healthy. And I think Hyde pulls him even if there wasn’t UCL history. 

Just now, Malike said:

Eh, DirtyBird doesn't exactly have a vast vocabulary, he struggles to articulate himself like a grownup and when you can't think of better word choices, you just throw one of 10 words you do know, no matter what.

I was speaking of myself.

I just get irked when I say something about retarding a process and someone freaks out.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I was speaking of myself.

I just get irked when I say something about retarding a process and someone freaks out.

Right, there is a proper use for the word, and it's also a pretty disgusting word when you use it in the context he did.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Malike said:

Coming off a strained UCL you'd keep him out there? I guess that's why you play GM and aren't one. Nobody is signing off on that. His long-term health shouldn't be gambled with in a game in May that means nothing.

The game doesn't mean nothing, but I have no problem with pulling him given the UCL thing. Probably would have been pulled regardless.

3 minutes ago, IPlayGM said:

Easy fella…

Never said that. Hyde had no choice but to pull him, but I disagree with your premise that it was because he “isn’t completely healthy”. He’s healthy. And I think Hyde pulls him even if there wasn’t UCL history. 

I think he gets a chance at a quick 8th if he didn't have issues with the UCL. He definitely wasn't getting 9, I agree.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I think he gets a chance at a quick 8th if he didn't have issues with the UCL. He definitely wasn't getting 9, I agree.

I was really hoping he had a quick 7th, but it wasn’t in the cards.

Just now, IPlayGM said:

I was really hoping he had a quick 7th, but it wasn’t in the cards.

I can't remember which inning now but the 20 (+)? pitch inning really set him back.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ExileAngelos said:

LOL everyone brings up Prior as the example. Can you explain a hundred years of "pitcher abuse?"  Starters routinely threw over 130 pitches.  Oh wait I forgot, They didn't try as hard back then.

I wasn't the genius that made up some time frame where pitchers threw 120 pitches.  From 2012-2014 (10-12 years ago) the average pitches/GS was 95, 95, and 93, and games over 120 weren't exactly commonplace; on average fewer than 3 per team per season.

The year Prior stopped pitching coincided with a drastic drop in games started with over 120 pitches; 2007 was the first year that there were fewer than 100 games started with over 120 pitches.  As recently as 2003 that number was over 200.  So I do stand by what I said re: Prior/Kerry being catalysts for pitcher fatigue/abuse/injury analysis.

here's an article from 1959 about pitcher injuries.  1959.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1959/05/04/the-aching-aching-arms

Edited by Hallas
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

Can we not drop the R word so casually? Good grief.

Oh my god, we have yet ANOTHER word that must be referenced only by the first letter? The whole world is going mad.

1 hour ago, Remember The Alomar said:

I like you and your posts, but respectfully, I disagree. Words shift in meaning--as do cultural norms. I think it's respectful to not use words that folks who have family members with developmental disabilities may find offensive. Just my two cents. Last thing I'll say on it.

I think it’s fallen out of favor, because it’s stupid, but at least for a time educationistas were insisting on using “differently abled”

Oy.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Oh my god, we have yet ANOTHER word that must be referenced only by the first letter? The whole world is going mad.

First letter. Let's use that in a sentence. I toke a fatty a say F it. See it words. Big win bros.

1 minute ago, mrbig1 said:

First letter. Let's use that in a sentence. I toke a fatty a say F it. See it words. Big win bros.

I have absolutely no idea what you just said, and I’m OK with that.