Guthrie season splits

Sports Guy

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, just so Ty doesn't get his panties in a bunch...Let's take away his start in Chicago(his worse start of the year)...However, to be fair, let's also take away the Oakland start a few weeks ago.

So his best and worse start since the beginning of July...Know what his ERA is then? 4.84.

How are you making me look bad?

I posted his stats for May/June vs July/Aug...You can't argue them.

You can do your typical whining and say what you are saying but you can't deny what i posted.

Haha whatever man...you still haven't accepted what I showed you in the link I posted. You continue to throw out incorrect "facts" (i.e. last 2 months 38% of his starts have been bad) and I just keep proving you wrong each time.

Also you can make splits look good in your favor all you want, but so can I.

Best post in this thread so far.

Actually, his post was looking at his whole year(btw, he has 14 QS, not 15).

However, over these 8 starts, he has 4 QS and 4 that aren't considered QS....I am not saying that the 4 runs in 8 IP was a bad start or anything but it isn't a "quality start" by definition even though it is the same outcome of a QS(4.50 era).

Also, just so Ty doesn't get his panties in a bunch...Let's take away his start in Chicago(his worse start of the year)...However, to be fair, let's also take away the Oakland start a few weeks ago.

So his best and worse start since the beginning of July...Know what his ERA is then? 4.84.

That's pretty uncalled for

Haha whatever man...you still haven't accepted what I showed you in the link I posted. You continue to throw out incorrect "facts" (i.e. last 2 months 38% of his starts have been bad) and I just keep proving you wrong each time.

Also you can make splits look good in your favor all you want, but so can I.

What did you show me? That if you go further back into the season that you can make his stats look better?

Well good for you...Did it take you a link to figure that out or were you able to do that all by your little self?

If you want to change something, then include his last start in June to make it exactly half(9 starts each).

And btw, you aren't even addressing the rising BB rates, HR rates or much lower GB ratio...Seems to me you are only looking at ERA.

Here's a split you might appreciate, how about his last 10 starts:

http://www.baseballmusings.com/cgi-bin/PitcherInfo.py?StartDate=06%2F18%2F2007&EndDate=08%2F09%2F2007&GameType=all&PlayedFor=0&PlayedVs=0&Park=0&PlayerID=2072

4.03 ERA

1.34 WHIP

7.0 K/9

2.24 K/BB

1.79 HR/9

The numbers aren't great, but those are his past 10 starts...which is a very valuable split. More valuable than the July/August split that you keep on rehashing.

What did you show me? That if you go further back into the season that you can make his stats look better?

Well good for you...Did it take you a link to figure that out or were you able to do that all by your little self?

If you want to change something, then include his last start in June to make it exactly half(9 starts each).

And btw, you aren't even addressing the rising K rates, HR rates or much lower GB ratio...Seems to me you are only looking at ERA.

You said the past 2 months and I showed you what he's done the past 2 months. You ask and you shall receive. He's had 3 bad starts in the past 2 months...go check the link that I so kindly provided for you. Also I did show you the rising K rate (which is good) and his HR rate. What's the problem SG...your panties in a bunch??

Here's a split you might appreciate, how about his last 10 starts:

http://www.baseballmusings.com/cgi-bin/PitcherInfo.py?StartDate=06%2F18%2F2007&EndDate=08%2F09%2F2007&GameType=all&PlayedFor=0&PlayedVs=0&Park=0&PlayerID=2072

4.03 ERA

1.34 WHIP

7.0 K/9

2.24 K/BB

1.79 HR/9

The numbers aren't great, but those are his past 10 starts...which is a very valuable split. More valuable than the July/August split that you keep on rehashing.

Why is it more valuable? Because that is what you want to show? LOL

The real point of this thread is that you can post all the splits you want to make Guthrie look good or look bad. Either way, splits don't matter with the future of Guthrie because he's shown his potential and hopefully we will continue to see his 2/3 starter potential in the future.

I'm done arguing with you SG...it's pointless

Archived