O's @ Yankees Series, June 18-20 (Tues-Thurs)

23 minutes ago, foxfield said:

So what team in the NL is better than the MFY in NY?

I mean 2-3 vs Atlanta, Philly and the Yanks. I guess you think the O’s can’t compete with the Cardinals in the WS?

............... 😑

57 minutes ago, Malike said:

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with him throwing 29 innings since 2022 and now he's up over 80 coming back from injury. Who would have thought that his arm might fatigue?

Are you being factious here?

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Had to be.  It was rocket after rocket after rocket after rocket after rocket…..

Nah, he wasn't, his stuff was backing up over the plate and he just had a bad game.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Nah, he wasn't, his stuff was backing up over the plate and he just had a bad game.

Maybe.  It was my first thought.  He did put some pitches on the black that got smoked.  It sure looked like the guys knew what was coming.  

MLB had a graphic Gil's spin was tremendously off season standard - about 1000 on the slider and 500 on the fastball.

Velocity was in line so the analyst was thinking mechanics.

I believe the guys made Burnes the league ERA leader this afternoon.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

I was on the road today and actually heard Hyde pregame interview for once. They had a solid game plan and executed it. A lot more scouting reports out there. I guess the other 5 Yankee pitchers were tipping too. We put up 10 more runs after.

10 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Maybe.  It was my first thought.  He did put some pitches on the black that got smoked.  It sure looked like the guys knew what was coming.  

Even Girardi and Cone on the broadcast said the stuff was not the same, he was missing too much in the zone and the O's were swinging really early so they didn't get behind him.  I think it might have to do with him not pitching much since 2022 and they are running him out there like a horse.

Volpe is an elite defensive SS.  I don’t watch Yankee games but he made a few really nice plays over the three games. 

Ben Rice seems like a nice kid, wonder when that will change?

Edited by gallden
Can’t spel

14 minutes ago, Malike said:

Even Girardi and Cone on the broadcast said the stuff was not the same, he was missing too much in the zone and the O's were swinging really early so they didn't get behind him.  I think it might have to do with him not pitching much since 2022 and they are running him out there like a horse.

Thats fair and it could likely be the case.  My first thought in the second was that he was tipping somehow.  They were super confident in the box and I can’t remember ever seeing so many balls hit so hard.  It was fun to watch.