Tuesday 6/25 vs. Cleveland

86this

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Dang it Santander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop having shit at bats with runners in scoring position. Seems like if Santander doesn't hit the ball out he sucks with RISP. 

Now I need to go look up the stats.

He missed that 1-0 fastball. 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Why? If players weren't trying keep their bodies so far away from tags they would easily stay on the bags. Hell, the bags are huge now.

Because it’s so…I dunno the word I’m looking for.  Ticky tack? 

But say Mateo steals second and he slides over the bag, maybe a little past it and comes off, SS holds the tag the entire time…it’s like, cmon.  Dude totally stole the base, came off for an incidental split second, just seems cheap. 

And Cowser right there, what if he strained or pulled a muscle reaching for the base just to demonstrate that he never lost contact? Seems a bit silly, IMO 

2 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Ramirez was fully in front of the bag before receiving the ball, that’s not legal right? Cowser could’ve just gone straight into him?

Was thinking the same thing, I thought fielders had to give baserunners a direct path to the base nowadays.  

1 hour ago, Malike said:

Somewhere Forphase1 is pissed off right now. ;) I kid, I kid.

Sorry, late to the game thread, but I'm NEVER upset when an Os player does well, even if it's a player I don't like or sometimes wish wasn't on the team.  As long as he's wearing an Os uniform, I want him to perform and succeed.  Granted, I hope he's not in an Os uniform long as I fully expect the terrible Mateo of most of last year to show back up.  But until then he's earning his keep.  Now I still don't think he has any trade value, if that's the thread you are referring.  But at the end of the day I'll tip my hat at the guys I don't like doing well, just a Mateo and even McCann has done in this game, at least in a couple at bats.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Because it’s so…I dunno the word I’m looking for.  Ticky tack? 

But say Mateo steals second and he slides over the bag, maybe a little past it and comes off, SS holds the tag the entire time…it’s like, cmon.  Dude totally stole the base, came off for an incidental split second, just seems cheap. 

And Cowser right there, what if he strained or pulled a muscle reaching for the base just to demonstrate that he never lost contact? Seems a bit silly, IMO 

I understand what you are saying, but again, this was never really an issue until players started do all these swim move head first slides or where they try and slide as far from the player receiving the ball as possible. 

I mean, it makes sense to do what they are doing, but it comes with the threat of coming off the bag. Every advantage should come with a disadvantage. 

Now, if a guy goes directly into a bag and bounces off for a split second as he goes over, then I would agree that would be ticky tack. 

• Upvote 1