Ugh...weather tonight

The rain ended up being a pretty short nothing burger as the storms really died out as they approached Baltimore and Anne Arundel County. I was at the game so we all just went inside for a few minutes and came back out. 

Obviously it did not affect the Orioles bats as they couldn't hit before, or after the rain delay. lol

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You can have some of mine.

We had a lot of rain this year into the first few days of May.   Since then, we’ve had about 2 inches in a period when 7-8 would be normal.   Combined with the hot weather, the grass and plants are pretty parched around here.  We are slated for some storms on Friday evening into Saturday that are supposed to bring over an inch of rain, but we’ve heard that tune before.  

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We had a lot of rain this year into the first few days of May.   Since then, we’ve had about 2 inches in a period when 7-8 would be normal.   Combined with the hot weather, the grass and plants are pretty parched around here.  We are slated for some storms on Friday evening into Saturday that are supposed to bring over an inch of rain, but we’ve heard that tune before.  

I'm into the rain at some point six days out of the week period of the year down here.

Small localized showers, sometimes pretty heavy.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The rain ended up being a pretty short nothing burger as the storms really died out as they approached Baltimore and Anne Arundel County. I was at the game so we all just went inside for a few minutes and came back out. 

Obviously it did not affect the Orioles bats as they couldn't hit before, or after the rain delay. lol

Can the Orioles bats wake up tonight to salvage the 3rd game  ? 

just listed my tickets or tomorrow night (Friday-Yankees).  Sucks but if they get rained out and don't play the doubleheader Saturday, I'd be screwed as we fly home to Atlanta Sunday morning.  I called the O's but they of course have no idea if they'd choose Saturday or Sunday for the DH at this point.  Sunday makes more sense with the really early start time of the scheduled game.

Prices have dropped a lot or tomorrow as I'm likely not the only one cutting bait.  Good news is that if mine sell and they do end up playing Friday, prices for something just as good will be attractive so I can jump back in for others.

Prices have dropped a lot for the Cubs game tonight too.  I guess the heat keeps people away.

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

That was the quickest rain delay I’ve ever been a part of. Was in the concourse for what felt like 5-10 minutes then back out. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Fangraphs write up on Eloy mentioned the Ryan O'Hearn magic. Last year I think Elias' clubhouse had ample cause for grumpiness about guys like Jordan Montgomery and Paul Sewald.     I think that is much less the case today. That combined with conserving everyone above Norby in the talent pile, and the pitcher he got in the minor league deal seeming more interesting at first glance than Billy Cook, I went B+/B. The extra playoff berths making it a Seller's Market, not sure any buyers had A/A- paths, though Jazz and Leiter, Jr. giving Yankees a very strong jolt.
    • That would make a lot more sense and save a roster spot  
    • The Rogers trade is the one people seem hesitant on. But here’s my question for any of you about that.     Do you think Elias traded Norby and Stowers in a lesser deal than he could have gotten? And if your answer is, hold them if this is the best you can get, how much longer do you suggest they do that?  All of MlB can see our depth and see that they don’t have a realistic path at regular playing time here. Hell, even part time playing time will be tough as guys like Holliday, Basallo and Mayo settle in. So what exactly did you want him to do? A lot of sellers were getting guys that were younger players, so it’s possible they just weren’t desired prospects by sellers due to their ages. Thats not going to change. So, you either bite the bullet and get someone you feel you can fix or you keep holding and hope for the best. It’s entirely possible they both lose all value and then you end up getting nothing for them. That happens all the time with prospects.
    • What happens when you DFA a guy after the deadline?  Can someone trade for them?
    • He was, exactly.  So he’s taking a 40-man spot but not ready for the majors.  Then by 2026 he’ll be out of options, which really limits his utility to us unless he’s very good, which seems dubious.  
    • I gave it a B-/C+, but it’s more like a B- leaning towards B.  I think when we re-grade it with 20/20 hindsight in the offseason, the performance of Rogers will determine whether the grade moves up or down.  His career numbers and 2024 overall numbers suggest he’s a marginally acceptable 5th starter.   He’s been more than that the last two months, can he keep that going?   @CaptainRedbeardgave me some good data in another thread that suggests his recent performance is more luck than any drastic real improvement, but we’ll see. On the plus side, the team is improved for both 2024 and 2025.   On the down side, I don’t see any big upgrade that’s likely to be a needle mover in the postseason.   
    • FWIW, Fangraphs Depth Charts has Dominguez as arguably their best reliever ROS, with Soto 3rd or 4th (not including Coulombe or Akin, who has strong projections but is likely a lower leverage guy). Coulombe would be their best reliever when healthy and they’re missing a true shutdown guy, but their depth looks pretty good on that front even without Coulombe. Only the Braves have more healthy relievers they project as accruing at least 0.1 WAR ROS, with a few other teams tied (with 6) with the O’s. Depth Charts ranks them 13th without Coulombe, but they would likely be 9th or 10th with him.  Depth Charts also ranks their starters tied for 6th in WAR ROS. Similar to the BP additions, Rogers isn’t an huge impact guy himself, but certainly helps their depth and is much better than throwing Povich/McDermott or the recent iterations of Suarez/Irvin out there.  Since Bradish went down, Irvin had a 9.57 ERA in 26 IP, Tate was at 8.74 in 11 IP, Povich had a 6.92 ERA in 26 IP, Suarez had a 6.40 ERA in 32 IP, and Baker had a 5.40 ERA in 15 IP. Just less innings for guys like that is an improvement. 
  • Popular Contributors