9/24 - How about we clinch some playoffs tonight vs. the MFY!

spleen1015

12 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

Is the swing and miss with Cowser hopeless? Is this just the kind of hitter he is going to be?

I just don't think he recognizes pitches well.   That can improve with ABs and experience facing ML pitching.   But right now, he is just guessing and flailing at stuff out of the zone. 

2 minutes ago, Wavetrapper said:

Do you remember the days when you looked at our lineup and said “Damn, there’s not an easy out anywhere “

Yeah three months ago.  We were a beast for a while.

4 minutes ago, Wavetrapper said:

Do you remember the days when you looked at our lineup and said “Damn, there’s not an easy out anywhere “

In 1995 or 96 for the Rangers, the number nine guy was named Kevin Elster, and he had 99 RBIs, 20 home runs, and he hit for a very high average. not bad with a glove either. And when that’s your Number nine guy, you’ve got a good lineup 

Edited by HowAboutThat

• spleen1015 changed the title to 9/24 - How about we clinch some playoffs tonight vs. the MFY!
2 minutes ago, Wavetrapper said:

I do.  How silly that was.  Now - all you have to do is pitch 2 or 3 guys carefully and cruise through the rest of the lineup. 

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

I just don't think he recognizes pitches well.   That can improve with ABs and experience facing ML pitching.   But right now, he is just guessing and flailing at stuff out of the zone. 

He needs to stand at the plate in front of a giant video screen that shows a picture throwing 1000 breaking balls or 1000 pictures each throwing one breaking ball, because that’s the only way he’s going to learn to recognize them and lay off.

If the coaches don’t currently do that, they should, and if they are doing that, it’s not working so they need to rethink how they coach him

Just now, Gurgi said:

I got the game on mute and am watching K9 arrest videos on the youtube.  Having the game on mute relieves the game stress alot. 

It's funny that watching criminals get taken down by cops and barking dogs is less stressful than listening to a ball game.