10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

4 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

I would say he came back better than he was in the first half last year  but that was only because he was below replacement level in The first half.

Yeah, looking at his numbers again he was hot in July in August but cooled off in September.  

I still can’t believe Cowser swung at a pitch for strike 3, that hit him, which would have given us the lead lol. This is what I’m talking about when I said the Orioles are likely to embarrass themselves if they made the playoffs.

Goodbye Hyde. If you don’t want to blame him for his PH/BP decisions, fine. But it’s his job to manage the clubhouse and they look like a deer in the headlights right now. Zero composure or ability to perform in pressure situations. You can’t trade the whole team to fix that. You can bring in a different voice though. 

Just now, TopGunnar said:

I still can’t believe Cowser swung at a pitch for strike 3, that hit him, which would have given us the lead lol. This is what I’m talking about when I said the Orioles are likely to embarrass themselves if they made the playoffs.

And knocked himself out of the game, too. That was the moment. 

Just now, TopGunnar said:

He should have dropped the bat. 

Worst part about the way this is ending is you won’t know how to feel about next years team come spring. I guess the off-season will dictate that, but there are so many questions now that weren’t worried before. Do Mayo and Holliday actually suck? Does Rutschman?  Or was that growing pains and an injury related slump? Is the teams entire hitting approach off base? What is the bullpen plan? Yeesh. 

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Maybe so, but Adley actually has contributed this series. Gunnar? None. Mountcastle? Defensively. Santander zippy. 

Gunnar at least still can draw walks when he struggles with the bat.  But yeah we need him to hit obviously.