10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

40 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Hapless performance for 3 months, mid-week, 430pm game, the chance to attend the 10th L in a row in post season….. 

Thats a tough ticket to sell. 

A masochist's dream!

I just want one postseason run in my lifetime like what it appears the Tigers are embarking on.  Last season regular season was so magical, I thought we were about to get it.  But we didn't, and we aren't going to this year either by the looks of it.

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

I just want one postseason run in my lifetime like what it appears the Tigers are embarking on.  Last season regular season was so magical, I thought we were about to get it.  But we didn't, and we aren't going to this year either by the looks of it.

Let's start with a team that can score a run first. Baby steps.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Bases clearing 2-out double for Ibanez, Detroit is back up 5-2.

Off Hader, after taking an extremely close FB in a 2 strike count (correctly called a ball)

5-2 Detroit. Maybe Hader will be available cheap -- add to the Orioles' collection of clutch performers.

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Bases clearing 2-out double for Ibanez, Detroit is back up 5-2.

Off Hader, after taking an extremely close FB in a 2 strike count (correctly called a ball)

They are going to the Series.   They got that destiny magic going on

• Upvote 1

Just now, allquixotic said:

Even if Eflin goes a complete game and doesn't give up anything more, the Orioles have shown me no reason to believe they will be able to tie it up. And at some point, you can't blame the pitching for ceding one run. You can't take a 0-0 game into the 99th inning waiting for the hitters to figure out how to score a run and blame the pitching if they blink.

Bingo. High leverage and RISP this year is beyond worse than last year. This team offensively is just bad when it matters. No way to put it. 

• Upvote 1