Adley shares tough health admission

accinfo

4 hours ago, Pickles said:

Good point.

I long for the days of 55 wins when we didn't have to worry about postseasons and such.

Gotta say, in the postseason the past two years this team has played like a 55 win team.  And you know what, I did "worry" about them in the postseason, both years, because they weren't crisp going into either one.  If my team is going to be in the playoffs, I'd prefer that they show up and play quality baseball.  This version is still pretty unwatchable.

31 minutes ago, baltfan said:

This was something I was preaching.  Save the player from himself.  IL him and let him get healthy. 

That was why I was suggesting it was something that required surgery to actually fix.

That would at least be understandable.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Yeah I don't want to hear it.  He and Hyde have been saying he's healthy, now some vague comments. 

You sucked. Own it, take a long look in the mirror and figure out why, and come back next year. 

Well, hiding an injury from the public is normal. There are reasons for that.

But it has been clear for a while that he has been out of shape. He’s not moving as well. The framing down low is awful. Does it hurt more to do that vs up high? The throwing got better at the end of the year, so that’s good.

But he’s not just struggling because he got little out of shape. There’s more to it than that. 

Yeah I don't want to hear it.  He and Hyde have been saying he's healthy, now some vague comments. 

You sucked. Own it, take a long look in the mirror and figure out why, and come back next year. 

The GF distraction is my favorite  conspiracy that I go back and forth believing

Of course they're going to say this. 

I didn't believe them. Adley got hit on the hand on 6/27. At the time, he was hitting 300 with an 830 OPS. In the 2 weeks including that game, he was on tear: 309 with an 894 OPS. The 2 weeks immediately following being hit on the hand?

120 BA, 519 OPS

The months after:

• 132/482
  • 229/625
  • 214/578

He also had some lingering back pain in the middle of August, but these issues started at the end of July in terms of performance. 

My take is his hand/wrist zapped his power, he tried to make up for it by using more of his body and that put an extra strain on, say, his back. Being a catcher is already a grueling job, so that didn't help things.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Pickles said:

Another epic failure?

Since Adley got here this team has done nothing but win, after doing nothing but lose epically and historically before he arrived.

I'm totally comfortable calling a team that has won 192 regular season wins and has an 0-5 playoff record an epic failure. The team had a superior record to the Rangers last year. They just got swept at home to a team that was 4-9 down the stretch. Do you believe the those two teams had a better team? I don't. If that isn't an epic failure, what is it to you?

1 hour ago, phxosfan said:

I'm totally comfortable calling a team that has won 192 regular season wins and has an 0-5 playoff record an epic failure. The team had a superior record to the Rangers last year. They just got swept at home to a team that was 4-9 down the stretch. Do you believe the those two teams had a better team? I don't. If that isn't an epic failure, what is it to you?

I call it baseball.  Sometimes the better team loses two straight games.  It sucks but if the O's keep making the playoffs and building one of the best teams in baseball, they will win in the postseason.   

To be a better team, they need to build a better offense with more LH/RH balance and more diversity of skills.  And to the point of this thread, they need Adley to be healthy and productive.  Playing badly while hurt so that you can think of yourself as a stoic hero just drags the team down.  

10 hours ago, phxosfan said:

So fess up Adley now that you have been a huge catalyst to another epic failure for this team. What is it exactly?

What did you do to address it? Did you talk about a stint on the DL to get better so you could actually help the 

team out instead of fans dreading your name in the lineup.

I thought Elias and Hyde were the GM and Manager. 

Edited by 1fingerwillie
spelling