No Deal

Belkast

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belkast hasn't been posting much info lately, and now this.

I'm definitely NOT saying he was aware of it, but this little leak of info smells like a disinformation campaign to me. Angelos, MacPhail, and Boros negotiating together? Hah! The three of them could probably open a graduate school of negotiating and write all the textbooks.

I can't for the life of me figure out why people so willingly let their chains be jerked over the entire process.

But, all's well that ends well.

Hope to hear from you on the apology thread.:rolleyes:
I made an ironically exuberant post in a different thread regarding that post.

What can I say? I'm a method actor and was just getting into the mindset of how I'd feel if we lost out on Wieters. Its all about honing your craft.

Belkast hasn't been posting much info lately, and now this.

I'm definitely NOT saying he was aware of it, but this little leak of info smells like a disinformation campaign to me. Angelos, MacPhail, and Boros negotiating together? Hah! The three of them could probably open a graduate school of negotiating and write all the textbooks.

I can't for the life of me figure out why people so willingly let their chains be jerked over the entire process.

But, all's well that ends well.

Did you happen to notice that Belkast broke his story hours before the reported last minute deal was brokered? Not everything is an Oliver Stone movie.

I made an ironically exuberant post in a different thread regarding that post.

What can I say? I'm a method actor and was just getting into the mindset of how I'd feel if we lost out on Wieters. Its all about honing your craft.

I'm a professional actor and I don't by your act for a second.:D

Anyone who's doubting Belkast right now is being, no offense, stupid.

No insider can predict the future. None of them are high-ranking officials from the FO. Belkast has been very reliable in the past, and nice enough to pass along what he's heard. Almost every newspaper source was saying the same thing: the negotiations are dead. Things change! Belkast was just giving us an idea of how things looked at the time.

Why can't it be a misinformation campaign? A last minute deal allows EVERYONE to save face.

The Orioles look good b/c they didn't cave in and they get the guy they want. Boras looks like he's driving hard for his client. In the end, it seems that both compromise and everybody goes home happy.

Anyone who's doubting Belkast right now is being, no offense, stupid.

No insider can predict the future. None of them are high-ranking officials from the FO. Belkast has been very reliable in the past, and nice enough to pass along what he's heard. Almost every newspaper source was saying the same thing: the negotiations are dead. Things change! Belkast was just giving us an idea of how things looked at the time.

Exactly. Well said. Although I will say that one problem I've hammered the organization for is that they haven't adhered to the "Loose Lips Sink Ships" philosophy that they should follow. It seems like since MacPhail has come on board that the leaks are fewer and sometimes what does slip out may or may not be disinformation.

Guest oriofan8

Dude i am not a newbie, and second off, you follow these insiders like they were god, and most of the time they are wrong, and the only time they are right, you kiss there behinds.

You don't know me...and I'm certain you don't know Belkast. So...any statements made about either of us is merely jibberish on your part.

I'm hearing the same as Belkast. This is all McPhail. I'm told a majority of people have no idea what he's doing and are not being told anything.

Amazing!

bb, just curious, would you still call McPhail Syd Thrift II now?! I don't think 'Ole Syd would have sealed the deal like this?

Archived