No Deal

Belkast

Right now, at 11:15 Wieters is sitting on the fence between being a name that will infuriate me and fellow Orioles fans forever or being a name that gives us hope for a bright future.

I wonder if he knows the power he has in the lives of so many strangers.

I'm equally prepared to figuratively give him a big hug or punch him in the face.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, now I've heard<ul><li>that SIGNING HIM will prevent future Boras dealings (due to Andy being castrated), AND...

<li> that NOT SIGNING HIM will do the same thing (due to Boras having a snit).</ul> So, evidently, no-matter how this turns out, we'll never ever have to deal with Boras again. Sounds like a win-win to me. So, cheer up, bucko!

It's been my contention for some time that the only way dealing w/Boras draftees was going to become a regular occurance is if we could get Wieters signed to win/win type of deal. If there is any accuracy to the numbers being talked about we're rapidly approaching, if we aren't already to the point where signing Wieters is going to be a situation where the O's are taken to the cleaners. And of course, not signing him at all is even worse.

Don't they need a signed physical form done as well when they submit the contracts to MLB? Thought I read that somewhere about 12 pages back in this thread! If so, they need to get agreement right about now and have an MD there to do the physical. Too late in the day to fly him somewhere. Unless the contract states it applies even without him passing a physical. Can't see Uncle Peter going for that clause though.:rolleyes:
I think we can trust that the two gentlemen involved in doing whatever-they're-doing-which-we-know-zip-about have already taken steps to ensure that a zillion-dollar deal will not be upended by the lack of an MD's signature. Whatever happens or doesn't won't be because of this.

Archived