6/29: Red Sox at Orioles, Game 1

PaulFolk

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My god, he actually went that far with it? I actually like Thorne except for the X-RBI home run stuff, but it is kinda bad if he followed through with the entire call.

Yup, he said goodbye home run.

He constantly calls fastballs breaking balls and vice versa, and he can only properly pronounce about 75% of names.

Hunter?

Buck?

Joe Angel?

The Corpse of Harry Caray?

Pretty much anyone.

I actually prefer Thorne to Hunter. He is way too sunshine and rainbows for me. But I guess he does actually pay attention to the game.

For me, I could go without Hunter, Dave Johnson, Dempsey or Michael Reghi behind the mic. Almost anyone else is OK.

Total silence would be a vast improvement. The man could care less about this team. On top of that he is a mistake a minute. Granted I am in a foul mood watching this crap, but Thorne is bad.

I wasn't fighting for Thorne, I was legitimately just curious as I always thought most people found Hunter annoying.

I'd like to hear Dave Johnson, personally. I like his frankness. Although I doubt the brass would go for that on the telecast.

Johnson likes to hear himself talk too much. He talks over the game way too much. And, in my opinion, he thinks he knows everything. Kinda like Joe Morgan without the hall of fame career.

Johnson likes to hear himself talk too much. He talks over the game way too much. And, in my opinion, he thinks he knows everything. Kinda like Joe Morgan without the hall of fame career.

I think that's because he's usually on the radio. If he were doing TV, there might be less of that.

Archived