7/1 - O's vs. Red Sox, The Rubber Match

The Rick

Ridiculous.

This is on JJ and GS. The set-up man and closer should be able to get three damn outs before giving up 4 runs.

There's no harm in letting Bergie start the 9th and pulling him if he gives up a runner. The guy didn't walk anyone ALL DAY. You see what happened. These automatic robo-moves are foolish. If someone in the game *has it* do NOT upset the chemistry.

You think the Sox were happy to see JJ? Yep.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard not to question given what's happened. Bergesen was at 103 pitches. You'd think Trembley would have learned from Mother's Day last year. No, he didn't. He's a robo-manager.

Huh? This is not even remotely DT's fault. Johnson and Sherrill are our two best relievers, and two top relievers in the AL East. They just did not have it today. I am by no means a DT apologist, but this is ridiculous.

Excuse me if this is innapropriate but I hope something "unfortunate" happens to these umps on the car ride home.
Don't know about that, but I'm almost sure these umps will be heading back home to the Boston suburb of Fairfax, VA with the rest of all these wanna-be Sox fans.

I'm listening to the game at work and was wondering how close Varitek was to going on that Ball 4. Dave Johnson is saying is was a blatantly missed call. Does everyone agree with this? If so, that is really disappointing considering that would have been the game and considering the calls we've been getting this series.

It really could've gone either way. Very borderline.

Archived