July 4th O's vs. Angels

Mike B

Seriously, I'm thirty years old and my best Orioles memories are of the 89 also-ran season. All of my friends have given up caring about this team and it's games like this that make me wish I could have joined them way back when and just jumped back in the fray if and when we field a team that can and wants to compete.

If I had not seen the 79, 80, 82, 83 teams I dont think I would be sooo stuck on them. It got in my blood early.

I can understand why the younger people cant get into the team. We are losers.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, I'm thirty years old and my best Orioles memories are of the 89 also-ran season. All of my friends have given up caring about this team and it's games like this that make me wish I could have joined them way back when and just jumped back in the fray if and when we field a team that can and wants to compete.

I would try that as well, but the other teams I would turn to would most likely be the Pirates or the Nationals. So, I would still be depressed when cheering for "my team."

I just tell myself we need to suffer through many losses this season, enjoy watching the young talent develop and prepare for a pennant run in a year or two, after even more future stars arrive in the big leagues.

Well you will get your wish because Nick will not be in the field in the 9th :)

You can believe what you want, but there is not a manager in the game that would have pulled Nick when he was coming up to hit in the next inning. You make it seem like Nick does this all the time. The one thing about this game is that nobody is perfect, you make errors, mental and physical, but because that one came in that situation everybody gets their panties in a bunch and all of the sudden Nick is lazy. This isn't little league, they are professionals

Honestly?

Maybe. You know how the Ravens went from a soft coach to a drill sergant?

Maybe we actually need a Billy Martin. Or a Weaver. Maybe we dont need a teacher right now but need a ass kicking father figure. Stern, fear inducing type.

You can believe what you want, but there is not a manager in the game that would have pulled Nick when he was coming up to hit in the next inning. You make it seem like Nick does this all the time. The one thing about this game is that nobody is perfect, you make errors, mental and physical, but because that one came in that situation everybody gets their panties in a bunch and all of the sudden Nick is lazy. This isn't little league, they are professionals

I agree with what you say here about Nick. Roberts, however, is a different story.

Honestly?

Maybe. You know how the Ravens went from a soft coach to a drill sergant?

Maybe we actually need a Billy Martin. Or a Weaver. Maybe we dont need a teacher right now but need a ass kicking father figure. Stern, fear inducing type.

Who?

Just off the top of my head: F. Robby. Whoa nelly, as Thorne sometimes says. :laughlol:

Why are you quoting yourself and responding to yourself now. I can tell you are new to this board...seriously. Hang in there...you'll get the hang of this message board thing. Also, see the poll in the Orioles forum. Goodnight sir.

Archived