Matusz might be coming soon.

Gurgi

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see what you are saying. But I don't think that right now in the Minors we have anyone else that is actually ready and we view as an integral part of our future. This is why I feel Matusz is the best choice given the direction we are headed and what can be benefited. If Matusz wasn't ready, then we should spot start someone that doesn't really have a future in the rotation but could eat innings until BB is healthy and could come back.

I think that too, Bass and/or Hendrickson could spot start/combine to get us thru BB's DL stint, or one of our lesser prospects. Waters, Pauley, you all know them all better than I. One of any of these guys could start, and surprise, and give us a brighter future.

If Matusz is kept down, it shows all the prospects the bar they have to jump over to get to the bigs. Nobody, not even the best, gets a free pass.

I think that too, Bass and/or Hendrickson could spot start/combine to get us thru BB's DL stint, or one of our lesser prospects. Waters, Pauley, you all know them all better than I. One of any of these guys could start, and surprise, and give us a brighter future.

If Matusz is kept down, it shows all the prospects the bar they have to jump over to get to the bigs. Nobody, not even the best, gets a free pass.

Do you honestly think that message would be given if they called up Matusz right now? That he was given a free pass to the majors?

Or

Does it show prospects that if you are progressing very well in the minors that you will get moved up and may make the big show if you really show a lot?

Do you honestly think that message would be given if they called up Matusz right now? That he was given a free pass to the majors?

Or

Does it show prospects that if you are progressing very well in the minors that you will get moved up and may make the big show if you really show a lot?

Yes and no... :P I don't think it would perceived as a free pass if it IS Matusz called up. I just think it would set the bar higher if Matusz was not called up.

Santana, Sabathia, Burnett, Peavy, Verlander, Beckett, Kazmir, Porcello, Hamels, Webb, Haren, Oswalt, and Kershaw COMBINED pitched 135 IP at AAA. That is an average of 10.2 IP per pitcher which turns out to be about 2 starts. Do you really think 2 starts at AAA is that different then 2 starts at AAA?

I would venture to say that they are the exact same thing!

Do we see him staying up and having Berken optioned once BB comes back? I dont want him spot starting. Kid is dominating AA, no reason he should go back if he comes up and performs. Worrying about Service time can suck it.

Do we see him staying up and having Berken optioned once BB comes back? I dont want him spot starting. Kid is dominating AA, no reason he should go back if he comes up and performs. Worrying about Service time can suck it.

Almost a side question, but very valid... is Boras Matusz' agent? I don't know.

Archived