Matusz might be coming soon.

Gurgi

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd start him tomorrow. He would be able to stay pretty much on schedule without going too many days in between and would be able to make his first start at home.

Have his debut against the Red Sox? It would definately be a test. Doubt AM throws him into that fire.

Guest BrettMeister86

I mean really the cavalry is here. We kept hearing the cavalry is coming, the cavalry is coming. Once Matusz arrives only Arrieta is left out of the Big 3. It happened sooner than we expected, but as of Tuesday, the cavalry will be here. Now we have to watch them grow together and learn to win together.

Do we see him staying up and having Berken optioned once BB comes back? I dont want him spot starting. Kid is dominating AA, no reason he should go back if he comes up and performs. Worrying about Service time can suck it.

Assuming Matusz does well, I think it means that less pressure to rush Bergesen back.

Getting to the point were you don't want to burn Berken's option over a few days. I don't really see Berken as a bullpen guy. I see more benefit in having him as that reserve starter while he works on his command at Norfolk.

Could easily see Berken on the Opening Day roster next year as the O's play the service time game with Tillman and/or Matusz.

Command along with the ability to pitch to contact is what separates a major leaguer from a minor leaguer with equivalent stuff.

Could easily see Berken on the Opening Day roster next year as the O's play the service time game with Tillman and/or Matusz.

Neither are Boras Clients (that I am aware of) so service time is less of an issue. Unlike Wieters an extension is a legitimate possibility so they shouldnt need to worry too much about service time.

Neither are Boras Clients (that I am aware of) so service time is less of an issue. Unlike Wieters an extension is a legitimate possibility so they shouldnt need to worry too much about service time.

But maybe their respective agents play the Boras card. Scott definitely has an "in" here. It's just a matter of time till all agents play the legal game like Boras has...

IF he doesnt make the start for Bowie then all hell will break loose on the OH. The rumor mill will go into overdrive. I got my fingers crossed that he is coming up to the big leagues.

We shouldnt forget he was the number one pitcher just two years ago. He as a very well developed college arm. If there is anyone who can make the jump it is probably him.

He was pulled after an inning or two. He could be the guy coming to Baltimore

Archived