Matusz might be coming soon.

Gurgi

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no...no...no...no...:no:

stick with the plan. Let Matusz see AAA.

If he comes up and proves me wrong, then I will eat crow. I just think it's essential for the pitchers to progress to every stage of the minors.

I KNOW it's apples to oranges, but I have bad memories of Penn and Cabrera.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-brian-matusz-801,0,4821135.story

Sooo much smoke I think there must be a fire there. Matusz is probably coming up.

So if he does get the call, what happens when Bergy comes back? Do we send Matusz back down, or do we send Berken down? I would assume Berken would get sent down. I don't want to see any of the big 3 moving back and forth, unless absolutely neccesary.

I guess we'll found out sooner than later based on whether Matusz starts tonight or not for AA.

no...no...no...no...:no:

stick with the plan. Let Matusz see AAA.

If he comes up and proves me wrong, then I will eat crow. I just think it's essential for the pitchers to progress to every stage of the minors.

I KNOW it's apples to oranges, but I have bad memories of Penn and Cabrera.

Well it might just be a temporary call-up (2 starts or so). I don't know if that makes the situation better for him or the O's, but he could go back to the minors and see AAA this season and/or next season.

I'm torn if i want to see him come up. The greed in me wants him to pitch just because he is such a huge prospect, but, like you said, I want to stick with the plan.

Compelling.

But as of now, Milb.com still has him as the probable for Bowie in the first game tonight. That game will start in a couple of hours, barring rain, so we'll see.

IF he doesnt make the start for Bowie then all hell will break loose on the OH. The rumor mill will go into overdrive. I got my fingers crossed that he is coming up to the big leagues.

We shouldnt forget he was the number one pitcher just two years ago. He as a very well developed college arm. If there is anyone who can make the jump it is probably him.

As much as I appreciate the cautious approach, I have to admit that this is great stuff.

Never did I imagine that we would see Hernandez AND Tillman AND Matusz starting for Baltimore this season, nor that Brad Bergesen would turn into one of the AL's most effective young pitchers.

So if he does get the call, what happens when Bergy comes back? Do we send Matusz back down, or do we send Berken down? I would assume Berken would get sent down. I don't want to see any of the big 3 moving back and forth, unless absolutely neccesary.

I guess we'll found out sooner than later based on whether Matusz starts tonight or not for AA.

I'm not sure what his IP is at for the year but they might just shut him down after Bergy comes back or I guess they could move him to the BP just he can keep learning against MLB hitters

Let me see.....

MacPhail said that keeping Matusz in the minors was part to the plan. Of course MacPhail made up the plan, so if MacPhail chances his mind and brings up Matusz this week, does that make it part of the plan? :scratchchinhmm:

It would be a good test and a good PR move by the team to keep fans into the plan and the season.

Yeah, all that is true, but what about it being a good move for the player? I mean Matusz is the central character here. I just don't think that most fans grasp the huge disparity in the caliber of play, and the abilities of the players, between AA and the ML. While some have been able to make the leap, minor league and independent league baseball fields all over the country are littered with players who couldn't.

If the Oriole's do decide to call up Matusz, I hope it doesn't prove to be a mistake. IMHO, it's not worth the risk in a meaningless season.

Archived