Impossible task...Rank our prospects

LookinUp

I went to Danville to watch Bluefield last month hoping to see Hobgood throw a bullpen session and instead saw Beal pitch.(Hobgood looked good holding a clipboard) I am not claiming to be a scout, just a fan. Beal was hitting 88-89 on the radar gun that the scouts(?) were holding up in the stands behind homeplate. I really liked how he mixed up his pitches and he really projected confidence on the mound. His delivery is unusual and seems to be all arms and legs -maybe his ball is hard to pick up. I know it is rookie ball, but the Danville players looked stupid on alot of their swings.

I guess we will have to see what Tony says in his reports at the end of the season. I doubt that he is throwing up to 95, but I do believe he is arounud 92- 93, but we will have to wait and see....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Widlansky is having a heckuva year. However, at 24, I can't see putting him ahead of guys like Avery and a bunch of others. What do you see his ceiling as being?

I don't know what kind of ceiling he has. Tony is very high on him and I didnt even think twice about him until I looked up his stats tonight. It will be interesting to have Waring at 3B and Widlansky at 1B at Bowie next year. We could have another set of 1B/3B prospects ready by the end of 2010, on top of Snyder/Bell.

Something tells me that if the poster had seen Beal throwing 92-93 that you would have been buying into his account big time. :eek:

Your probably right, but Im not gonna just give up, I have heard on numerous accounts that he throws that hard, one fan seeing him pitch one time doesnt prove much to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just threw this together. whats everyone think?

1 Jake Arrieta

2 Zach Britton

3 Josh Bell

4 Brandon Snyder

5 Matt Hobgood

6 Brandon Erbe

7 Xavier Avery

8 Caleb Joesph

9 Mychal Givens

10 Brandon Waring

11 Chorye Spoone

12 Troy Patton

13 Steve Johnson

14 Jesse Beal

15 Robery Bundy

16 Ronnie Weltly

17 Justin Turner

18 Cameron Coffey

19 Michael Ohlman

20 Oliver Drake

21 LJ Hoes

22 Rhyne Hughes

23 Tyler Henson

24 Brett Jacobson

25 Tyler Townsed

26 Billy Rowell

27 Blake Davis

28 Robbie Widlansky

29 Ryan Adams

30 Matthew Angle

whats everyone think? whos too high, too low, should me on, shouldnt, etc...

Archived