Melvin Mora Bunts for the win!

SilentJames

Tomkingsize and JTrea81,

Do you believe it is appropriate for the Orioles to throw games against teams competing for the playoffs?

Both teams had already made the playoffs.

I would have sat all the regulars and played Moore, Hernandez, House, etc.

No Markakis, no Tejada, no Roberts.

Like I said, if the O's scouted well internationally or at least understood the importance of doing so, I could handle us going all out to win these games....but they don't and never will.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its satisfying anytime we beat the Red Sox or Yankees.

The satisfaction is in the O's winning a greta game against a far superior team. They showed heart and guts.

Being happy for this win has nothing to do with being happy for the Red Sox or being glad we're losing our draft order.

Its satisfying anytime we beat the Red Sox or Yankees.

The satisfaction is in the O's winning a greta game against a far superior team. They showed heart and guts.

Being happy for this win has nothing to do with being happy for the Red Sox or being glad we're losing our draft order.

Very True!:)

I LOVE My Os!

Like I said, if the O's scouted well internationally or at least understood the importance of doing so, I could handle us going all out to win these games....but they don't and never will.

What if those guys played well and beat the Yanks....would you be pissed?

You make zero sense unless you want to be pissed at the Orioles for not throwing all their games once it was clear they were out of it. And you obviously weren't based on your comments so get outta this thread moron.

I wish i had seen the game...Just saw the highlights and it looks like it would have been a great game to be at OPACY.

I want them to lose for better draft position but you can't help but enjoy a win like this, especially since it was against NY.

BTW, this guaranteed us at least a 500 season against the Yanks...First time for that since 1997.

Like I said I hate the Yankees and the Red Sox, but I at least respect the Yankees because they have 26 championships. The Red Sox only have 1 in 89 years and they act like they are the greatest team in the history of this sport. And Oriole fans let them get away with it because of one series in 1996 with the Yankees it seems. It just makes me sick when I see Sox fans and Oriole fans both chanting "Yankees suck" when the Oriole fans should be concentrating on hating the Sox. Why do we hate the Yankees so much over the Red Sox? We actually can beat the Yankees. The Red Sox don't respect us. The Yankees actually have good things to say about our players. I just don't get it. Did Jeffrey Maier really scar that many Oriole fans on here?

Anyway, I can't wait until I get back to work on Monday so I can have all my co-workers say "thanks for beating the Yankees." It just makes me want to vomit...

Maybe instead of rooting for the O's to lose you should get another job, or become a Yankee fan.:002_sbiggrin:

What if those guys played well and beat the Yanks....would you be pissed?

You make zero sense unless you want to be pissed at the Orioles for not throwing all their games once it was clear they were out of it. And you obviously weren't based on your comments so get outta this thread moron.

You keep calling me names and I'll make sure you're banned from the board.

Check the rules there, buddy.

:rolleyes:

Which would win the East and which the Wildcard was still in doubt.

I don't care what is at stake. You don't throw games.

Anyone who would advocate it is a pathetic loser better suited to be a fan of the Sox or Yankees.

I wish i had seen the game...Just saw the highlights and it looks like it would have been a great game to be at OPACY.

I want them to lose for better draft position but you can't help but enjoy a win like this, especially since it was against NY.

BTW, this guaranteed us at least a 500 season against the Yanks...First time for that since 1997.

If you watched this game there's no way you would want them to lose SG. You would have really enjoyed it. Lots of 2-out clutch hits, Trembley strategy paying off, and close calls that went both ways.

We were down 7-2 and getting pummeled...yet, hung in there against a far superior team.

It just amazes me that the "realists" couldn't just avoid posting in this thread rather than repeating the exact same tired mantra that has dominated 20 other threads in the last month. There were a small group of people that were happy about a very nice win. So, what was the right thing to do if you didn't feel like celebrating this single win? I guess to some of us the right thing was to post negative, nasty stuff in the thread to ruin the little bit of happiness these people were experiencing.

It has nothing to do with getting it. I get it. Most people get it. The "happy" people in this thread were simply choosing to see this small little positive tonight rather than continuing to wallow in the same mudpuddle we've been bathing in forever. Thanks for refusing to let that happen. :rolleyes:

Lets see if your singing the same tune if Alvarez, Smoak (sp?), or Crow are hitting 30 hrs apiece and Crow is vying for 20 wins in the near future. While we take a long shot on some high school kid at #6 overall who never advances higher than "AA" ball (sound familiar). All the while watching our major league club stink it up again for its 11th, 12th, and 13th straight losing season (which at this point isn't to far fetched). "Just give me hope for the future, 'cause the present ain't look'n so good".

Like I said I hate the Yankees and the Red Sox, but I at least respect the Yankees because they have 26 championships. The Red Sox only have 1 in 89 years and they act like they are the greatest team in the history of this sport. And Oriole fans let them get away with it because of one series in 1996 with the Yankees it seems. It just makes me sick when I see Sox fans and Oriole fans both chanting "Yankees suck" when the Oriole fans should be concentrating on hating the Sox. Why do we hate the Yankees so much over the Red Sox? We actually can beat the Yankees. The Red Sox don't respect us. The Yankees actually have good things to say about our players. I just don't get it. Did Jeffrey Maier really scar that many Oriole fans on here?

Anyway, I can't wait until I get back to work on Monday so I can have all my co-workers say "thanks for beating the Yankees." It just makes me want to vomit...

Great post...

About Jeffrey Maier, yes, he did scar me. Let me tell you why, I was in college during the 1996 ALCS, in upstate NY watching the game with a campus full of Yankees fans. I was one of the few Baltimoreans at Ithaca College, and let me tell you, things looked great for the Orioles until that moment. And for the next month, I had to hear how the Orioles blew it because of some little bastard punk.

A few years later, I went to grad school at Boston University, and I learned that Red Sox fans are a bunch of bigoted lemmings. I don't like the Yankees and never will, and I REALLY hate the Red Sox and their fans, but don't ever think that Yankees fans are somehow less annoying. They are jerks too, try wearing an Orioles shirt in the upper decks (read blue collar) section of Yankees Stadium and tell me that those guys aren't jackasses as well.

Many people hate the Yanks because the media, umpires and bandwagoners fawn over them no matter how poorly they play and make excuses when they don't do well. Its never the other team being better, its because the Yankees didn't play well.

UGH.

MSK

Archived