The Big 12 may be doomed

Birds of B'more

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finebaum just cited a report out of Texas that there may be two additional schools added to the Big XII or whatever they're calling it now.

From the Mountain West maybe? Would this be to add to the Texas schools, or would these 2 schools be filler just in case the others bolt for the Pac-10?

This whole thing is like a soap opera....except I'm inclined to follow it until the end.

Big disagreement. Tenessee hasn't been too good lately, but they're gettig back to where they used to be. Georgia and Auburn are perennial BCS contenders. Both have had down years the last two, but recruiting shows they are on their way back. I know I'm biased, but don't be surprised if Auburn has a big year this year.

Oregon St., OK St. and Stanford (???) << Arkansas, South Carolina, Ole Miss, or Kentucky

Well, we'll agree on the bolded part and leave it at that. Arguments like these have been had thousands of times over in college football, and no one ever wins. At the very least, I give the edge to the SEC when it comes to the cellar dwellers. Vanderbilt > Wazzou. ;)

From the Mountain West maybe? Would this be to add to the Texas schools, or would these 2 schools be filler just in case the others bolt for the Pac-10?

This whole thing is like a soap opera....except I'm inclined to follow it until the end.

It was just a lede going into a break so I'm not sure what he was talking about.

I am the 12th Man is reporting that TAMU to the SEC isn't dead yet. http://www.iamthe12thman.com/2010/6/14/1517971/hold-the-phone

Honestly, I don't think we can believe anything at this point.

Finebaum just cited a report out of Texas that there may be two additional schools added to the Big XII or whatever they're calling it now.

He says that they are reporting BYU and Air Force. Then he made a joke about beating out Conference USA for those teams. Take it with a grain of salt.

He says that they are reporting BYU and Air Force. Then he made a joke about beating out Conference USA for those teams. Take it with a grain of salt.

BYU could be possible. They have both a decent basketball and football program. Not sure about Air Force. I can't see why the Big 12 would want them.

Well' date=' we'll agree on the bolded part and leave it at that.[/b'] Arguments like these have been had thousands of times over in college football, and no one ever wins. At the very least, I give the edge to the SEC when it comes to the cellar dwellers. Vanderbilt > Wazzou. ;)

I guess, but my team is better than your team.;)

Just think if they still had Bear Bryant (in my best southern drawl):D

BTW, since I was born (and that's all that really counts) Auburn is 16-14 in the Iron Bowl.

How many (real) national championships do you have in that span?

Honestly though, I've only been a Bama fan since I went to school there (2004) so I can't talk much.

How many (real) national championships do you have in that span?

How does one define "real." Golf Digest counts right?:D

We had 2 unbeaten seasons in the SEC, just like Bama. You got to admit, alot of it is luck. We didn't get the chance to play in 1993 or 2004. We might have been the best team, who knows.

Archived