The Big 12 may be doomed

Birds of B'more

1) N.D.

2) Texas

3) Nebraska

4) Rutgers

5) Maryland

There's varying reasons for my list' date=' but that would probably be it as far as realistic options that make sense for the B10. In fact, I'm not sure Texas was truly a realistic option for the Big 10, but the connections apparently were made between the parties, so I put them there. So as it stands on my list, the B10 will get #3, almost certainly won't get #2, and numbers 1, 4 and 5 are still possibilities. So let's see where it stands when all is said and done.[/quote']

Well the only way anyone is getting Texas is by taking Oklahoma too imo. I'd have them in my top 5 as well.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What i wonder is will the SEC take the southern ACC schools(FSU, Clemson, GT and Miami) and if so, does the ACC get Cuse, Pitt, UCONN and WV?

Swofford should be fired if he ever considers West Virginia for the acc.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. I'm not convinced that its a done deal that the Pac-10 gets all six blue chip schools. Orangebloods is reporting that Texas A&M may really want to go the SEC. Like it has been said before, the non revenue sports is going to play a part in this expansion explosion. I wouldn't be surprised that Texas A&M goes to the SEC and takes someone else (at least Ok State or T. T.) with them.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1093010

They'd likely just take Baylor if they can't get Texas A&M, not a big loss. Texas Tech and OK ST aren't very important either.

Swofford should be fired if he ever considers West Virginia for the acc.

Why? He may need them for football reasons and their basketball program has become very good too.

If you lose a team like GT but gain WV, you really haven't lost anything...sports wise.

Well the only way anyone is getting Texas is by taking Oklahoma too imo. I'd have them in my top 5 as well.

I'm looking at each school independently...in other words, I wouldn't list one school just for the sake of being able to get another, even though that is the reality. But your point is valid...Oklahoma by themselves would be a pretty valuable property.

No offense but who cares about the academic stuff?

We are talking sports here.

The university presidents do, or so they claim. But really, it's about who will bring in the money, not their performance on the field or in the classroom. WV does not have a large population to make a TV network take notice, and they don't have the kind of brand or national following to make up for it, like Nebraska does. But if the Big East and ACC get plundered, I could see them joining with the remainder of the schools to form a 4th super-conference. They won't have to go somewhere like Conference USA or the MAC, that's for sure.

Tuesday is apparently the day of reckoning.

The University of Texas Board of Regents will meet Tuesday to for "discussion and appropriate action regarding athletic conference membership." In other words, June 15 may be the final day of the Big 12's existence as we know it.

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2010/6/11/1513596/texas-board-of-regents-is-meeting

Archived