Heisman Candidate: Cam Newton- Auburn QB

waroriole

Now I'm biased, but the numbers aren't. Through 4 games:

Passing: 42/68 683 YDS 9 TD, 3 INT

Rushing: 75 Carries 485 YDS 5 TD

Having watched him play all 4 games, I can tell you he has been phenomenal. If not for the kid at Michigan, I would say he might have been the best player in football through 4 games. I'm sure alot will depend on how Auburn finishes the season, and obviously how he does the next 8 games, but he needs to start being on everyone's radar for the Heisman. After all, it is named after a former Auburn coach.:D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two words for ya'll:

Denard Robinson.

Has anyone seen this kid play? He is friggin' amazing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=480237

I am a big Bama guy, having covered Gene Stallings and the Tide in the early to mid 90's, so I will be damned if I ever root for the Opelika (By the way, spent a weekend there for my co-anchor's wedding and it was a fun place.) crew!:)

Not only does Robinson have the skills be he firmly has the media machine in his corner and that is 70% the battle. If he stays healthy he is already the Heisman winner. NO DOUBT.

Hey, it's just my opinion. I would put Newton as a slightly better version of Jefferson out of LSU.

I'm guessing you haven't seen him play much, if at all. I know I'm biased here, but anyone who has seen him play the first 4 games wouldn't say that he has been anything but the best player in the SEC so far.

I am a big Bama guy, having covered Gene Stallings and the Tide in the early to mid 90's, so I will be damned if I ever root for the Opelika (By the way, spent a weekend there for my co-anchor's wedding and it was a fun place.) crew!:)

Not only does Robinson have the skills be he firmly has the media machine in his corner and that is 70% the battle. If he stays healthy he is already the Heisman winner. NO DOUBT.

He can really throw the ball, too. He's come many miles from the kid that debuted last year. Their offensive line has really come together well, too. Keep any eye on a kid named Taylor Lewan. Freshman left tackle who just pummels people. He's gonna be a stud.

The one dent he'll have to overcome is his team's defense, they're questionable at best... but that offense will put up a lot of points, even against Big 10 competition IMO.

He can really throw the ball, too. He's come many miles from the kid that debuted last year. Their offensive line has really come together well, too. Keep any eye on a kid named Taylor Lewan. Freshman left tackle who just pummels people. He's gonna be a stud.

The one dent he'll have to overcome is his team's defense, they're questionable at best... but that offense will put up a lot of points, even against Big 10 competition IMO.

I agree that Robinson is the favorite right now. He's been on a complete different level from anyone else in college football this year. Do you know what his injury status is? Is he playing this week?

I agree that Robinson is the favorite right now. He's been on a complete different level from anyone else in college football this year. Do you know what his injury status is? Is he playing this week?

Yah he's fine, I think it was more of a knee bruise than a ligament situation. He'll definitely start this weekend. They just didn't really need to bring him back into the game b/c they ran the steamroller over poor Bowling Green.

I was pretty impressed with Newton, by the way. Reminds me a lot of Jason Campbell.

Dyer's a stud, too.

Lots of weapons on that squad.

Archived