Heisman Candidate: Cam Newton- Auburn QB

waroriole

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He'll probably play in the NFL based on his arm strength alone. Some scouting director will fall in love with his size & tools. But the collective Ryan Mallett is a TOOOOOOOOL.

Hank,

I've followed Mallett for the past four years. He seems like a nice enough kid and has progressed with his maturity level. However, in pressure game situations it doesn't seem like he has the composure or coping mechanisms to succeed.

Hank,

I've followed Mallett for the past four years. He seems like a nice enough kid and has progressed with his maturity level. However, in pressure game situations it doesn't seem like he has the composure or coping mechanisms to succeed.

His freshman year at Michigan he wanted everyone to know who he was.

In fairness, he was an 18 year old kid and people do grow up. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play on Sundays in a couple years.

He'll probably play in the NFL based on his arm strength alone. Some scouting director will fall in love with his size & tools. But the collective Ryan Mallett is a TOOOOOOOOL.

All the guy does is talk.

He's awful cocky for a guy who's never really won anything. I think guiding your team to a 7-5 record in your only season as a starter is cause for a little humility...

All the guy does is talk.

He's awful cocky for a guy who's never really won anything. I think guiding your team to a 7-5 record in your only season as a starter is cause for a little humility...

Yah he's cocky.

But dude... the kid can friggin' spin it. Hopefully for his sake, he'll learn a touch of humility. This past weekend could go a long way towards establishing that.

I'd still rather have Denard. ;)

If Denard continues playing the way that he has, it will go to him. Newton has a handful of big games on the Auburn Schedule so he could shoot up the list if Auburn wins those games because of him.

Homer pick....Patrick Peterson. I just don't think teams will kick to him enough the rest of the season and teams don't throw enough his way to build up stats on defense.

If Denard continues playing the way that he has, it will go to him. Newton has a handful of big games on the Auburn Schedule so he could shoot up the list if Auburn wins those games because of him.

Homer pick....Patrick Peterson. I just don't think teams will kick to him enough the rest of the season and teams don't throw enough his way to build up stats on defense.

Peterson is a stud.

As a Michigan fan I'm loving the rep Shoelace is building. First player ever to have 2, 200 pass 200 rush games in a career. He may just be the best college football player ever.

As a Michigan fan I'm loving the rep Shoelace is building. First player ever to have 2, 200 pass 200 rush games in a career. He may just be the best college football player ever.

That's a rather bold statement for a guy who has played only 5 games, and not exactly vs the cream of the crop in college football thus far.

Still he's putting up over 400 yards consistently. Watching his games he's got a lot of talent in his receiving core and could easily put up 300 yards on teams like Penn State and Iowa. Not sure about Ohio State, but he could put some up on them too.

If Michigan had a shred of defense, they'd be contenders for a national title.

They're extremely young on defense and very suceptible to the pass. They'll probably lose 4 games or so... but Denard Robinson is astonishing and he's only a sophomore.

Once he leaves Michigan, he's going to have set numerous records unless he gets seriously hurt. He's already set the top three total yardage (per game) records at Michigan.

In 5 games.

BUMP!

198 yards rushing and 4 TD and 210 yards passing. Lead a final drive to win the game on the road in the SEC. He's one of the most remarkable players I've ever seen through his first 6 games.

Just to add, everything I've read from and about him shows how much of a leader and humble person he is. As good as he's been on the field, he seems like an even better person. Very happy to say he is an Auburn man.

The guy was unstoppable yesterday, I was hoping he would throw the ball when he dropped back because whenever he ran it I was like oh dear. He carried that Auburn team that last drive. After yesterday I believe he is the best player in college football, I think he is better than Pryor, Robinson, and Ingram. Without Newton Auburn would be a .500 team at best right now (They would properly be 2-4 without him).

Archived