So how bout this:

Tejada

Benson

For:

Santana

Wood

Aybar

Maybe one more mid tier prospect?

Dont know why we'd want both Aybar and Wood. They'd be blocking each other, unless you're sure Wood is moving to 3rd and Melmo moves to left. If you're going to extend the deal, I see Conine and Javy being more likely to go back with maybe another pitching prospect and/or Kotchman or Mathis coming back.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forget Stoneman, send Anna in with some little blue pills to Angelos' office to get his attention! :eek:

I'd make a comment about "this way, everyone gets Wood" but that would just be inappropriate for a family site such as this one, even without our accountability to editors or any seblence of journalistic integrity. ;)

Why ya gotta bring Raffy into this conversation?

:confused:

I think his defense his ok.

lol, for as much as we make fun of SG with Kotch, we all sound like a bunch of little girls here.

"So, what do you think, Nick Adenhart's favorite color is? I bet its orange. He's soooo dreamy...."

:D

If the rumors are true about trading Tejada to the Angels, I would guess it would be this weekend, no later than Sunday night. The Angels are playing in Boston this weekend before returning home to face Oakland on Monday, while we are on a home stand. I'm sure the teams will have to respect Miggy's consecutive games streak, and I'm sure Miguel would want to keep that streak intact.

Thanks again Bigbird for the great info. I asked in another thread last night if it was possible the O's have expanded the deal to include Benson. Is that a possibility? I imagine if the Angels are being asked to part with 4 players that include Santana and Wood, perhaps we've added to the pot. Great to see the Rangers involved. I sure hope Angelos is tied to a chair at the warehouse this weekend.

Given what the ANGELS need as well, how does this proposal sound?

Santana

Kendrick

Wood

Adenhart

for

Tejada

Benson

Conine

(cash)

The only way we get Santana is if we include Benson. The Angels pitching is thin now with both Colon and Escabar hurting. They would have to get a pitcher back to replace Santana. Pitching is what they are counting on to get to the playoffs. If Benson is included the deal has to expand for the O's. But forget Kendrick, LAA doesn't want to give him up. My bet would be Rivera and Wood as opposed to Aybar and another position prospect.

Archived