Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

Oh God, what did he say!? :confused:

Peter Angelos has veto power, slow to make deals, all trades that have already been mentioned, yada, yada... Basically he just rehashed what has been said already. Note: he never said that Angelos nixed the Angels deal, just that he has the power to do so.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing new, the Orioles are slow and Angelos excerised his power to veto. Someone told him they would trade Tejada for Santana if they were the Orioles .

He vetoed just the Astros deal or trading Tejada at all? Did he say the GMs agreed to the Astros deal and then Angelos vetoed it?! Or did he veto it before it was agreed on? If he vetoed it after the GMs determined it to be a good deal, then its the same old BS from Angelos. We dont seem to know much about the mythical Astros mystery deal but if the GMs deemed it good enough to approve, then I trust their judgement and Angelos shouldn't be cutting deals off!

Nothing new, the Orioles are slow and Angelos excerised his power to veto. Someone told him they would trade Tejada for Santana if they were the Orioles .

Who on here would be happy with Santana for Tejada straight up? No chance. I feel about the same regarding Santana/Aybar for Tejada, which is what Olney mentioned. Gotta have one more player in that scenario.

He vetoed just the Astros deal or trading Tejada at all? Did he say the GMs agreed to the Astros deal and then Angelos vetoed it?! Or did he veto it before it was agreed on? If he vetoed it after the GMs determined it to be a good deal, then its the same old BS from Angelos. We dont seem to know much about the mythical Astros mystery deal but if the GMs deemed it good enough to approve, then I trust their judgement and Angelos shouldn't be cutting deals off!

Olney never said that. He just said that the O's are slow to move and backed that up by saying that another FO guys said he'd trade Tejada straight up for Santana...if he did, he should be fired.

Olney never said that. He just said that the O's are slow to move and backed that up by saying that another FO guys said he'd trade Tejada straight up for Santana...if he did, he should be fired.

Fine. I didn't see it, Im going on whatever's posted here. The poster said that Angelos vetoed the deal, so I assumed that's what it meant. Good to know nothings off the table...yet.

Im getting Deja Vu to Burnett. Groundhog's Day, every year with this team...

Fine. I didn't see it, Im going on whatever's posted here. The poster said that Angelos vetoed the deal, so I assumed that's what it meant. Good to know nothings off the table...yet.

Im getting Deja Vu to Burnett. Groundhog's Day, every year with this team...

I'm with you on that one. I think it's a matter of the O's deciding if they'll settle for something less than their best offer. I honestly can't even remember who we were going to give up for Burnett, just that we didn't want to eat Lowell's contract (which of course would have turned out nicely).

I'm wondering if the Angels are asking the O's to kick in some of Tejada's salary since the guys they are giving up make next to nothing? Angelos w/veto that outright.

That would be a lot of chutzpah on the Angels part to ask us to pick up salary. We're giving them someone in the prime of his career, signed for 3 more seasons at an "under market" price, and you want us to pick up some of the tab too?

Uh, no....unless they throw in another awesome player or 2. ;)

I'm with you on that one. I think it's a matter of the O's deciding if they'll settle for something less than their best offer. I honestly can't even remember who we were going to give up for Burnett, just that we didn't want to eat Lowell's contract (which of course would have turned out nicely).

It was something like Burnett, Lowell and a prospect for Penn, Julio, Bigbie and Kline.

Thanks for the info, bb.

I'm hoping we are angling towards Santana, Aybar, Adenhart and Morales/Kotchman. That would be a haul. Perhaps a bit much, but I need Adenhart with Aybar if we don't get BW or Kendrick.

I doubt Rivera is included in this package. He has been a monster offensively.

I do think Conine will be included as the LAA missed out on Broussard and are clearly looking in that direction.

That's just too much for them to give up imo unless we're including something else good besides Conine. I think if you take out Adenhart from that deal, it becomes realistic. And if you want Wood, him and Santana and maybe a mid tier guy is realistic.

From what I've seen of conjecture on what Houston was offering I would have told them to take a hike too. All things considered, the Orioles hopefully see Santana and Wood. Bigbird speculated 2 major leaguers and 2 prospects. Rivera works and Adenhart would be great along with Santana and Wood. Forget about Kendrick who the Angels won't deal...Brandon Wood over Aybar is a no-brainer...and Kotchman is probably out for the season and doesn't appeal to me despite the Cust-like Cult following he seems to have here :) To get these four the Orioles should add whoever they must from the players already on the launching pad to make it happen. If Angelos can get these four guys and backs off...well...maybe we are what the critics say we are.

Exactly. We should be receiving at least three prospects for Tejada. If Wood/Kendrick or Santana aren't included, we should be getting 4 prospects back.

Santana isn't a prospect anymore. He's already established himself as a good major league pitcher, better than any on our staff other than Bedard. And he's only 23.

Getting him and one of the top 5 prospects in baseball is more than fair.

Archived