Could Dexter Fowler Be An Orioles Offseason Target, Again?

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know they increased payroll more than anyone could have reasonably expected last year but I just don't see how they can afford Fowler and the other pieces they will need.

A good player, but the way he handled himself last off-season, showed a lack of integrity, so I really dont have much interest in his services.

The Orioles need to find a leadoff hitter for next season, and Stan "The Fan" Charles wonders if they might once again target outfielder Dexter Fowler.

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/10/17/could-dexter-fowler-still-be-an-orioles-offseason-target

Can we fit him and address all of our other needs for less than $10M? Seems unlikely to me unfortunately.

The Orioles need to find a leadoff hitter for next season, and Stan "The Fan" Charles wonders if they might once again target outfielder Dexter Fowler.

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/10/17/could-dexter-fowler-still-be-an-orioles-offseason-target

I sure hope not. Once screwed by a player and his agent

why you want that jerk on the team? Maybe Kim can lead off.

What are these other needs? A good vet C won't cost that much. To me the primary need is a good OBP/defense COF.

I agree that those are the main 2 needs, while we may have a few other odd bullpen/bench roles to fill out.

My point still stands though.

I don't think you can sign Dexter Fowler and a veteran catcher for less than $10M when Fowler himself is playing well and made $8M in salary this year.

I agree that those are the main 2 needs, while we may have a few other odd bullpen/bench roles to fill out.

My point still stands though.

I don't think you can sign Dexter Fowler and a veteran catcher for less than $10M when Fowler himself is playing well and made $8M in salary this year.

I don't buy the 10 M limit I think we should pursue Fowler until his market develops out of our range, and who knows what that is? He won't be looking for an opt out he will be looking years and AAV.

No, and I think Duquette should be public with it so Fowlers agent can't use the O's while negotiating with teams.

Agree.

Further, how could the O's to expect to be able to negotiate in good faith with him? I can't imagine that the ship hasn't sailed. Unfortunately - as he's probably the perfect fit.

Archived