Bowden: Orioles closing in on "humbling" deal for Guerrero

Crazysilver03

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW:

@SI_JonHeyman

Jon Heyman

#orioles could use vlad guerrero, but word is, they have "limited funds at this stage.'' #rangers out on vlad now

Not the first time we've heard this. Could be the reason Britt has been insisting that a Vlad signing would likely be paired with a trade of Scott if it happens at all. Orioles would need to save a little cash somewhere.

I'd be all for trading Scott to the Blue Jays for a solid young talent or two and then turning around and signing Vlad on the cheap.

It wouldn't make us much, if any, better in 2010, but it's a way to trade a short-term piece for long-term talent without taking a big step backward next year.

The Jays seem willing to make deals this offseason, though they might be too shrewd to give up much for Scott at this point.

FWIW:

Not the first time we've heard this. Could be the reason Britt has been insisting that a Vlad signing would likely be paired with a trade of Scott if it happens at all. Orioles would need to save a little cash somewhere.

I'd be all for trading Scott to the Blue Jays for a solid young talent or two and then turning around and signing Vlad on the cheap.

It wouldn't make us much, if any, better in 2010, but it's a way to trade a short-term piece for long-term talent without taking a big step backward next year.

The Jays seem willing to make deals this offseason, though they might be too shrewd to give up much for Scott at this point.

I think Arizona could use a lefty outfielder. Scott would even be able to legally carry a gun.:laughlol: Problem is Cook makes alot of money,and O's have to free up cash and get some help from Dbacks.

FWIW:

Gee, I'm sure glad we used our limited funds on Gregg. :rolleyes:

Archived