Would you draft Josh Bell or Daniel Norris tomorrow?

Would you draft Josh Bell or Daniel Norris tomorrow?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you draft Josh Bell or Daniel Norris tomorrow?

• Yes on both
    • Yes on Bell, No on Norris
    • No on Bell, Yes on Norris
    • No, it's not worth taking the chance and losing the pick

This poll is closed to new votes

In the perfect world, we'd have the draft budget to draft the two of them and Purke if they fall to our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks due to demands. I'd do it, but then again, it's not my money.

Realistically, I'd draft Norris at 2:4 and pass on the other 2.

If we had the # of picks TB/Bos had it'd be worth it. But since we don't, I don't see how we can take that risk, especially given that there's more safe and talented picks still out there. Boy would I love to have Bell though.

Josh Bell probably won't sign at all, and not at what he'd require of the Orioles. Texas might take a flyer, but it's a waste of a second round pick and the Orioles have precious few picks at the top.

I would pop Daniel Norris, and if you can keep Bundy's bonus under 8 MM, you can probably afford to sign Norris at 2 MM and go around slot the rest of the way. That would give us two of the top three HS arms in the draft.

However, there will also be plenty of other good arms and bats of all types that won't cost as much. Plenty of ways to proceed from here.

I would rather see multiple over-slots in the later rounds that sign for bonuses that total $3-$4 million, which is about how much it would supposedly take to sign Norris. Obviously it would be nice to always draft and sign the best player available but no team does that, there is always a budget. Drafting Norris probably means signing no over-slot guys in the later rounds, I would rather cast a wider net. Obviously if they have information that Norris will sign for closer to $2 million I would draft him, but I would be very surprised if this was the case.

Yes to both, or really the best possible players. Draft the best player and sign the check. If we aren't going to spend the money on the ML team or in the International market, we need to spend it somewhere to make this team better.

Yes to both, or really the best possible players. Draft the best player and sign the check. If we aren't going to spend the money on the ML team or in the International market, we need to spend it somewhere to make this team better.

I agree with this point. Our competitors do what it takes to get great players. We must as well. I do wonder whether MLB would allow a huge overslot in the second round (e.g., $4 million to sign). Is there any precedent for them not allowing such a thing? Didn't they put the brakes on Purke's contract in the 1st a couple of years ago?

I agree with this point. Our competitors do what it takes to get great players. We must as well. I do wonder whether MLB would allow a huge overslot in the second round (e.g., $4 million to sign). Is there any precedent for them not allowing such a thing? Didn't they put the brakes on Purke's contract in the 1st a couple of years ago?

MLB can't stop you...they just frown upon it.

You know what though, F them. Change the rules then..for everything.(coughyankeescough)

Archived