Girardi is hot!

UpstateNYfan

Girardi is pissing and moaning about not playing a day night DH today. Just heard him on YES...someone asked him about possibly the O's just coming off an 11 day road trip had something to do with it...he shrugged his shoulders. He said the Yanks have not agreed to play on September 8th and believes the game should be made up in NY when the O's visit. He'll probably file a grievance, or the players will and win.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boo Hoo! Joe, perhaps you'd like to call Scranton and get a pitcher or two down to Baltimore so you don't have to blow out your rotation. You don't seem to have a problem when you have to juggle your rotation at playoff time. What a bum.

Wasn't he the one throwing around ideas for a Friday DH without talking to the O's?

Also, the Yankees are the ones that really need these games, it should be up to them to make it work on the O's schedule.

Yep, that's the same dirt bag. Apparently, Buck was furious, according to Thorne. I hope they try to screw them over just to spite that d-bag.

Yep, that's the same dirt bag. Apparently, Buck was furious, according to Thorne. I hope they try to screw them over just to spite that d-bag.

This season has somehow made me hate the Sox and Yankees even more. They spend inordinate amounts on their roster and then run around as if they own Major League Baseball and somehow deserve their every whim

boo-hoo. Bake a pie. Eat a pie. They didn't want to play a doubleheader Monday because they were already looking past us to Boston. I guess they shouldn't have taken tonight's game for granted. S.O.B.'s the lot of them.

"Given the advance notice and the fact that other teams have adjusted their schedules ahead of time, we are perplexed at the current options we are being presented with in regards to making up any games postponed due to Hurricane Irene.

"The proposition to take away our only full off day in the final month of the season is not an option, even though the Orioles' front office and the Commissioner's office think this is an adequate solution. It's a shame that the decision has now come down to possibly having ot play four games in two days or having to come back to Baltimore for another makeup game.

- Curtis Granderson

boo-hoo. Bake a pie. Eat a pie. They didn't want to play a doubleheader Monday because they were already looking past us to Boston. I guess they shouldn't have taken tonight's game for granted. S.O.B.'s the lot of them.

- Curtis Granderson

Poor little Granderson, how will he ever come back on the 8th to play a baseball game when it was his off day. It's just not fair. I guess he thinks the O's should just forfeit to the almighty MFY.

Yeah, the other day when Girardi said they wanted to get a doubleheader in today, I had a facebook conversation with a Yankee fan I sort of know about how we would never reschedule just to help the Yankees under Buck, especially after the comments to the press. As I told him today, all of the crying by the Yankees makes me really happy. The Yankees already have every advantage in the world, and now they want everything handed to them. Well guess what? We're under no obligation to treat this like any other rainout for the benefit of your playoff planning. Granderson says that losing an off day is "not an option"? Well guess what, it is an option, it happens all the time when there are rainouts.

This Yankee fan intimated that the rest of the league is laughing at the Orioles for being a-holes. I say fans of teams out of the race are probably applauding us for not rolling over to their every whim. And of course, in an alternate universe, where the Yanks are in last place and the Red Sox are battling for a pennant, Steinbrenner and friends would laugh in Boston's face if the Sox suggested rescheduling a game in order to better their playoff chances. What a joke. I hope the media pursue this and talk to executives from other teams. I wonder what they would think? The press really should be eviscerating the Yankees for this, but I bet they will either ignore it or criticize the Orioles for being incalcitrant sore losers.

I haven't been a huge fan of everything Buck has done this year, but if he is a part of this, then kudos to him. Girardi is has the most smug sense of entitlement I have ever seen in a sports figure, and he has apparently spread that to his team.

Archived