vs. The Yankees 9/7 Fight for First

weams

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And 4 pathetic offensive innings so far. The only difference is the game is Chen has made 2 bad pitches all game, both ended up in the stands. Hughes seemingly throws one right down the middle every at bat, but for some reason we can't hit a 90 mph meatball. We had a chance to take control of the game early, get the crowd into it, and build off of our momentum last night. Instead we don't score with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out, and Hughes looking awful, and as normal we don't score. We can say whatever we want about Chen, but we're not gonna win if we can't score, especially when Hughes is throwing meatballs out there.

This. Interesting to note though that is the second time this week we've scored 10 or more runs and followed it up with a bit of a flat outing.

I do think though that Chen is reaching the empty end of the fuel tank. To be expected of course with a guy in his first major league season.

I guess we just need to pack the park solid with statues of random players and have a statue unveiling every night. And have presence in the yard from multiple Orioles HOFers every single night.

That's all I can figure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Or it's one bad game with two more chances at them. There's that.

Archived