Earl Weaver passed away last night. (With Roy Firestone Remembrance)

Greg

Earl Weaver was 82. Once again, we're reminded how long ago the glory years were. I'm so glad we got to see him smiling at the statue ceremonies last season. R.I.P. Earl.

I heard he was the only one of the 6 to make all the statue ceremonies. Earl just loved Baltimore and he would come visit for any reason.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I obsessively played Earl Weaver Baseball on the computer for years. To this day I'll occasionally refer to the computer manager on OOTP as "Earl".

One of the first PC games I used to play with my Dad and pretty much all I knew about Earl Weaver as a kid. Its amazing how good of a sim that was. Its still hard to find such a great collection of historical players. Homerun Baker was amazing.

Remember the weird circle you had to use as a cipher to run the game? Still better then a MS activation key.

THE Earl of Baltimore. Rest in Peace good sir, you have most certainly earned it, you fiery World Champion, Hall of Manager. Your love of the game was infectious, your competitive nature was as inspiring as the teams you so often put on the field. Thanks for everything. And take it easy on the big fella upstairs, he gets a lot of calls right....

-Don

Archived