Hangout Poll: Who do you think will be the 5th starter?

Tony-OH

Who will win the 5th starer's job?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 5th starer's job?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Zach Britton has the best talent of all those on the list. He has that sinking fast ball and should get a lot of ground outs and double plays. I don't expect him to be a flame thrower, but he has the best stuff in my book.

I disagree. I think Arrieta has the most talent and I'm all in on him this season. It's 2013 or bust IMO.

Zach Britton. And if he's not healthy, or still struggling with command then Arrieta.

Matusz and Hunter are bound for the pen. I think McFarland is bound for the mopup role, at least to begin the year. If he makes the team at all. I don't think they trust Johnson.

What Drungo Said. :)

I don't think it will be that simple.

I believe one of the 4 locks will go down with an injury in spring training... and Arietta and Britton will be the 4/5 starters.

:confused: Please dont be Tillman I want to see this guy pitch a full season! every 5th game!

I don't think it will be that simple.

I believe one of the 4 locks will go down with an injury in spring training... and Arietta and Britton will be the 4/5 starters.

Yea, that's a realistic scenario. It's pretty likely that sometime in the next few months we'll have threads with titles like "Who's the #1 now that Hammel is on the DL" or "Who's the #4 while Gonzalez is rehabbing his hammy" or something. We know there's about a 90% chance the O's are going to use 8+ starters this year even if things go reasonably well.

Yea, that's a realistic scenario. It's pretty likely that sometime in the next few months we'll have threads with titles like "Who's the #1 now that Hammel is on the DL" or "Who's the #4 while Gonzalez is rehabbing his hammy" or something. We know there's about a 90% chance the O's are going to use 8+ starters this year even if things go reasonably well.

That is one positive about not trading the cavalry for a hitter. Even then, I guess there is a decent chance we have to go beyond: Britton, Arrieta, Johnson, Matusz for a SP.

Archived