Brian Roberts

Ohfan67

I agree. I rarely post but read the board multiple times each day. Everyone on this board is way too sensitive when someone overreacts. The moderators ban way too easy and get way too emotionally involved in posts. Sportsguy got banned for "attacking" someone. Please. And you have to apologize to get back on the board? This is just a message board people.

This guy had an opinion. You don't have to agree with it. If you're critical you tend to get ganged up on.

You missed a few posts somewhere along the way. A) He wasn't banned, he was put on the bench for a week. B) It had nothing to do with his OPINION. It had EVERYTHING to do with him posting profanity and ignoring two polite requests that he not do that. C) No one is waiting for an apology. He's welcome back in a week whether he apologizes or not provided he just refrain from posting profanity.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. I rarely post but read the board multiple times each day. Everyone on this board is way too sensitive when someone overreacts. The moderators ban way too easy and get way too emotionally involved in posts. Sportsguy got banned for "attacking" someone. Please. And you have to apologize to get back on the board? This is just a message board people.

This guy had an opinion. You don't have to agree with it. If you're critical you tend to get ganged up on.

There are board rules that folks have to go by. What is so wrong with that? As for Living Legend it seems he comes on to

stir up the pot. That is being a troll. The OH was started by Tony. He can run it the way he sees fit.

It's a shame that a thread meant to discuss a player who means a lot to this organization and his most recent injury has been hijacked by an asinine comment, and then additionally overrun with response to it. Rather than having a meaningful discussion about the injury, what it means for Brian and the Orioles, and when we can expect him back, I had to page through 10 pages of junk and come out with no more information about what happened or what we can expect going forward. I come to OH for up to date information and for the Community it provides to someone who doesn't live in Baltimore. I don't come here to page through petty bickering. Here's hoping in the future we can all act a bit more civil.

To get back to the topic at hand, I for one feel bad for Brian. I know how much he has put in to this year's comeback and I can't imagine the disappointment he must feel not being able to play at OPACY on Opening Day. The cheer for him as he ran down that orange carpet would have been deafening and something he deserved.

I had very low expectations for Roberts this year. I viewed him as injury prone and brittle; an accident waiting to happen. But throughout ST he looked good and in the first 2 regular season games I was pleasantly surprised. Last night's injury is an injury that can happen to anyone and I don't blame it on any of Roberts' previous history. I didn't like the idea of him going in head first and in retrospect I guess I have to ask if stealing 2nd in the 9th inning up 6-2 was a prudent decision.

What does sliding head first have to do w/ a hamstring injury? And did you see the bottom of 9th? I don't think playing aggressively for run #7 was a bad move given how this series' first two games went down in the late innings, and especially after seeing the bottom of the 9th; w/o the baserunning call, that was going to get real dicey and a 7th run may have come in handy.

Believe it or not, I think that it's possible that Living Legend is not a troll.

I took a quick peak at his threads and some of his posts (I know. Get a life, OFFNY :o), and I didn't see anything immediately that exemplifies a poster that just wants to stir up the pot. In fact, he actually has a thread in the Hangout Club forum in which he asks everyone about what they think about the fact that he plans to have an orange wedding band because he loves the Orioles so much.

I suspect that he made a very emotional, derogatory statement about Brian Roberts, and then was just too stubborn to admit that he made a mistake when several other posters confronted him about it.

I guess we'll find out in a week.

Patrick.

Brian Roberts is one the finest Orioles we've ever had the pleasure of watching. He's STILL a major talent on and off the field. The Orioles are lucky and honored to have him.

I think he goes into Oriole lore on the "Ken Singleton/Al Bumbry/Paul Blair" level....a great all-time Oriole. Is he the O's greatest 2nd baseman ever (counting longevity - Alomar's 3 years was too short))? I think so...

I think Casilla and Flaherty will prove to be a decent replacement for Roberts.

I agree. I like Flaherty's bat in the lineup and I love Casilla's glove. I like Casilla as a late inning pinch runner/defensive sub. I also wouldn't be totally suprised if we see Schoop later in the year.

Having said all that, what I would most like to see is Brian get well soon and come back to continue playing like he started.

Really a shame to hear about this. I heard the injury happen on my way to my sons' baseball practice last night.

What's really a shame is he was one stinking inning away from being able to run down the orange carpet today as the starting 2nd baseman and get the nice ovation he deserves. I wonder if he'll still be there today?

Hoping the injury isn't too serious.

What does sliding head first have to do w/ a hamstring injury? And did you see the bottom of 9th? I don't think playing aggressively for run #7 was a bad move given how this series' first two games went down in the late innings, and especially after seeing the bottom of the 9th; w/o the baserunning call, that was going to get real dicey and a 7th run may have come in handy.

Sliding head first has nothing to do with his hamstring. If you remember, in May 2011 he suffered a concussion sliding into 1st base. I would have thought he would have learned a lesson and decided that sliding head first isn't such a great idea.

And yes.....I saw the bottom of the 9th. All I'm saying is he could have played it a little more conservatively. It's the third game of the year. They were up 6-2.

You are certainly free to post on another messageboard (or even create one) that allows profanity, personal attacks, near-libel or slander, totally off-the-wall baseless rants, or whatever you like. But that's not what this place is all about.

Sliding head first has nothing to do with his hamstring. If you remember, in May 2011 he suffered a concussion sliding into 1st base. I would have thought he would have learned a lesson and decided that sliding head first isn't such a great idea.

And yes.....I saw the bottom of the 9th. All I'm saying is he could have played it a little more conservatively. It's the third game of the year. They were up 6-2.

When you're back in the game after an injury you don't play at 80%. You just play. I've had multiple knee surgeries. I don't play as recklessly as before, but I also don't think about getting hurt when I'm in the moment. I wouldn't expect Roberts to go flying out of the baseline to do a takeout slide, but if he can't do a routine slide into second base he's pretty close to not being able to function as a ballplayer.

Archived