Brian Roberts

Ohfan67

I'm not trying to stir the pot here but Brian's name was mentioned in the Mitchell Report back in the day, does anyone think some of these injuries could be related to that? Maybe he stayed healthy more back in the day because he was on something and now he's not and his body's breaking down. Or maybe some of these injuries (obviously not the concussion) he's suffered are a result of former use, side effects and such.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was always very pessimistic about Roberts making a comeback but he was really playing good baseball. Shame he can't keep healthy. If it's a hamstring this is something I found about recovery times:

A hamstring strain is a stretch, tear, or complete rupture of one or more of the tendons in the back of the thigh. These injuries can be caused by a violent contraction of the hamstring muscles, when you suddenly increase your speed while running, for example. Over-stretching and failure to warm up sufficiently will also likely cause a strain. Hamstring strains tend to recur. Scar tissue forms when they heal, making the entire tendon less flexible and more at risk for future injury. There are three degrees of strains:

* A first-degree strain is simply a slight pull resulting in a sore muscle the next day. Walking or slow jogging is not inhibited. Recovery time is 1 to 2 weeks.

* Second-degree strains are caused by a hard pull that you feel while you're exercising, as in sprinting. You must stop right away. The muscle is tender and aches, and bruises develop 3 to 6 days later. Bending the knee and walking and jogging are difficult. Recovery takes 3 to 4 weeks.

* Third-degree hamstring strains produce such severe pain it can cause you to collapse. Walking is impossible. Severe bruising occurs in three to four days. You might need crutches for a week or two. Recovery can take as much as 10 weeks.

The lack of respect brob gets on this board from some is ridiculous. This guy was the shinning light when our team was pathetic to hear all the carp you people are saying makes me sick we aren't the Yankees people he's an Oriole and a great one at that. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I just can't imagine what Brian is thinking right now. His spirits seemed really up and he was looking close to the player he used to be. You could almost see the "not again" look on his face. I truly hope it's a pulled muscle...but it sure seemed like something worse.

I am not going to defend his posts but I think banning him from this forum is way worse than what he posted.
His contributions will be sorely missed. Also he wasn't banned, just suspended for a week. Also his contributions won't be missed, the place is way better without people like that dragging down threads with inane garbage.

I know I'm still pulling for Roberts to get back ASAP. I still haven't given up on him. This is still a better team with him in the lineup IMO (if he can't make it back then I hope he stays in the dugout to coach).

And you gotta admit, L_L's filming of FanFest was pretty cool. Hopefully it was just temporary insanity & he comes back down to earth with the rest of us because he seemed pretty cool before & like all of us here, is still an O's fan.

I am not going to defend his posts but I think banning him from this forum is way worse than what he posted.

Two things. He said "**** Roberts..." which in and of itself is bannable material, if not just being a complete lowlife of a human being.

As for your post, you might want to check the rules yourself about openly criticising moderation.

Tony and the gang do a great job keeping this community in check so that we can all get along with each other in a peaceful manner, whether our opinions match each other or not. Saying "**** Roberts" when the man just busted his ass to come back and goes down with an injury, is both disrespectful as well as against board rules.

I had very low expectations for Roberts this year. I viewed him as injury prone and brittle; an accident waiting to happen. But throughout ST he looked good and in the first 2 regular season games I was pleasantly surprised. Last night's injury is an injury that can happen to anyone and I don't blame it on any of Roberts' previous history. I didn't like the idea of him going in head first and in retrospect I guess I have to ask if stealing 2nd in the 9th inning up 6-2 was a prudent decision.

I agree. I rarely post but read the board multiple times each day. Everyone on this board is way too sensitive when someone overreacts. The moderators ban way too easy and get way too emotionally involved in posts. Sportsguy got banned for "attacking" someone. Please. And you have to apologize to get back on the board? This is just a message board people.

This guy had an opinion. You don't have to agree with it. If you're critical you tend to get ganged up on.

The lack of respect brob gets on this board from some is ridiculous. This guy was the shinning light when our team was pathetic to hear all the carp you people are saying makes me sick we aren't the Yankees people he's an Oriole and a great one at that. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Hold on. It is not right to paint all with such a broad brush. I hope Roberts can come back. The team will win with him or without him.

Archived